THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Red Box McDonald's (usually)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I hate my cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankyou lady!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thiems
The McDonald's from my hometown has a McTeacher Night about three times a year wear teachers come in and help serve and make food. McDonald's donates all the profits to the schools. They've made some coin the past year or so (since they've been open). I'm not a huge fan of McDonald's food but they are a great community asset.
Come on Theims.. you know you like the French Fries....admit it.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Your welcome Wytt....
Old 07-15-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Come on Theims.. you know you like the French Fries....admit it.
If I get really hammered I'll eat McDonald's. I just don't like it because it isn't healthy.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thiems
If I get really hammered I'll eat McDonald's. I just don't like it because it isn't healthy.
x2

I've only eaten there like once in the past 5+ years.
If i need something quick I'll go to sonic and order a Grilled Chicken Salad.
I'll occasionally get a burger or coney or popcorn chicken. But never McD's
Old 07-16-2008, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by viciousknid
x2

I've only eaten there like once in the past 5+ years.
If i need something quick I'll go to sonic and order a Grilled Chicken Salad.
I'll occasionally get a burger or coney or popcorn chicken. But never McD's
The McDonald's in Stillwater was always a vice for me because it is located right at the end of the strip. Once 2AM hit there was always a crowd of drunks walking through the drive-thru to get some food. I guarantee the people working the drive-thru didn't get paid enough for that shift.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well sorry I started this thread WOW..Was just trying to get the word out for a free movie rental this weeks rental code is TW87WR. use it or not..Just trying to share the free movie rental. They may or may not be at McD'onalds but heres the link to redbox search for yourself

http://www.redbox.com/home.aspx

Last edited by gcsd3742; 07-21-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PappyDan
what does the red box not support.
your little league teams.
sponcer a school sports event.
donate to your benifits.
give to church events.
pay school taxs.
or give your kid a job.

like one of my customers said, why do business with you when i can get my movies from netflex, my answer, because netflex will never sponser your kids team.
like another coustomer said, you charge too much, i get my movies from the red box.
my answer, well if your such a tight *** why don't you go to the public library and get it for free for 2 days.
you really need to see the look on the faces of these people that come in with paper work looking to ask me to sponcer or donate.
the shocked look when i reply if you do not support me then you have no right
walking in here asking me to support you, i have had some down right cuss me out
inside my own store in front of customers.

I know how you feel. We get solicitors constantly coming in. I put beware of dog signs up along with no solicitor signs on the entrances of the building. I get people that come in and pretend to not see the sign. Funny when they see Chucks dog and say is that the dog I'm supposed to be afraid of. My response is well you saw that sign but not the other one. Go back and read the other one. The response normally is I saw it but thought...........Then the Dog in me comes out and I am not very friendly. My point is that I do not like to be interrupted when I am working. These ******* people are always looking to push their ****. Funny when they ask for a business card so they can give it to their boss to show that they talked to someone today about their BS. Then later you get a call for the same ****. I never give these people cards because once again we get interrupted when they call. Sometimes I really hate people!!!!!!!!!! Lately when I get a solicitor call I ask them if they would like to purchase a transmission? There is usually silence and then I just hang up!!!!! End of rant!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Tribe Shaman

yeah i know how you feel vince.
just want a peace of the american dream.
my main grip is not the box it self, but the tax that is charged by the box.
just like the Avon my wife sells out of the store, all tax collected is sent to
Atlanta where it gos to their county and school dist, none of it gos to our local
county or school.
all of the tax collected by red box on credit cards is sent to Illinois, even thou Mc donalds owns about half of the company they lease a small space out to red box,
when it comes time to pay property tax it is for the decreased value of the box
plus what is inside the machine( that gets empted out )
you can look up anybodys taxs at the local tax office, it is open to the public.
last year red box paid out 58.00 in property and school tax, my store alone was over
2000.00, through the year i handed the state of texas 5961.00 of sales tax collected,
the red box handed the state of texas 0.00 of sales tax collected, but the state of illinois recived and good amount of money from us.
i have often thought about walking up to that machine and shoving in a straw hooked up to a can of great stuff and fill that slot full of foam.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I'm sure most people don't think of things like that, they only think of the cheap price here and now not realizing that it will cost them more, a lot more later. This is why I try to spend my money locally even if slightly more than if I can buy it on the internet cheaper.
This same mentality is why when you call your bank an operator in Bangalore answers, and your kids toys have lead paint...ok rant over, carry on.

Quick Reply: Red Box McDonald's (usually)