THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Red Box McDonald's (usually)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a lot of time left. but today's code is
65QM89

I picked up Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay. Hilarious
Old 08-20-2008, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

I had never heard of this RedBox...they are only in the WalMarts here.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today's code is:pk66h8
Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

todays Walgreens #WAG226 Walgreen's only today
Old 10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Redbox is popping up all over the place around here.

We have a no solicating sign on our front door and they still trample right in. They used to open the door and through nasty stuff down on the floor so that you would at least have to let them clean it up before they go. This was done by the old vacuum salesmen.

We have to get up from the back of our store, walk to the front, tell them to leave, then walk back to the back of the building and figure out where we were on the computer we are working on. It gets to be a real hassle. Thankfully there hasn't been as many lately. I will walk around town handing out business cards. I don't go in business's with not soliciting signs, and I only introduce myself, hand them the card and leave. Usually the person will stop me at that point and ask me questions.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Tribe Shaman

right now the red box is sueing universal, universal has a new contract that will limit how many copies per box, and a higher price for a nights rental.
if it turns out bad no more universal movies form the red box.
now on the grape vine is that warners contract will be up soon and they are looking for
the same as universal.
the red box business model is based on cheap movies for a buck a night while sharing revenue with the studios, now the studios want the same terms with red box as they have with video stores or red box can waite 45 to 90 days for the title after street date release putting red box in a postition to change its business model or go with out new releases.
now the deal with the video stores that share revenue is 1.65 or 65% of the rental, witch ever is the greater.
it is looking like a buck a night from the red box may be on select titles only while the good stuff will be going for 3.00 a night.
i can just see that hit on your credit card after 25 days, 3.00 X 25 = 75.00 plus the purchase price of the dvd.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Correct or you can go to www.ovguide.com and watch it for free...and make a backup from there....
Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

How do you get ahold of these codes?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:18 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by PappyDan
right now the red box is sueing universal, universal has a new contract that will limit how many copies per box, and a higher price for a nights rental.
if it turns out bad no more universal movies form the red box.
now on the grape vine is that warners contract will be up soon and they are looking for
the same as universal.
the red box business model is based on cheap movies for a buck a night while sharing revenue with the studios, now the studios want the same terms with red box as they have with video stores or red box can waite 45 to 90 days for the title after street date release putting red box in a postition to change its business model or go with out new releases.
now the deal with the video stores that share revenue is 1.65 or 65% of the rental, witch ever is the greater.
it is looking like a buck a night from the red box may be on select titles only while the good stuff will be going for 3.00 a night.
i can just see that hit on your credit card after 25 days, 3.00 X 25 = 75.00 plus the purchase price of the dvd.

interesting info Pappy. So every rental of a single title the store has to pay 65% or $1.65? How does the industry keep tabs on how many rentals a single disc has been out on?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by DozerDan
How do you get ahold of these codes?
Go to red box's site and sign up. They'll txt you codes every monday and every other wednesday. And they'll send one once to each email address.

Quick Reply: Red Box McDonald's (usually)