THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Rodger Goodell sucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SloStepSide
Im down for being "fair", but what is considered fair? You think the other 31 teams tell there players "ok take it easy and dont hit them too hard now"? The ONLY difference in the saints and other teams is they got caught.,
Calm down killer, I didnt say I agreed with the punishment. Personally I dont see a problem with hard hits as long as theyre before the whistle. Theyre getting paid millions a year to play a game, you know the risks. Goodell is making the NFL into a touch football league, especially the QB and "defenseless" player rules.

I think the Saints fans should be pissed that Peyton got such a stiff penalty and the Patriots got away with straight up cheating with nothing done to them.

For the record, I HATE Goodell, he is ruining the game and Id be real surprised if he stays the commissioner for much longer. Hes pissing off a lot of old men with a lot of money.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Calm down killer, I didnt say I agreed with the punishment. Personally I dont see a problem with hard hits as long as theyre before the whistle. Theyre getting paid millions a year to play a game, you know the risks. Goodell is making the NFL into a touch football league, especially the QB and "defenseless" player rules.

I think the Saints fans should be pissed that Peyton got such a stiff penalty and the Patriots got away with straight up cheating with nothing done to them.

For the record, I HATE Goodell, he is ruining the game and Id be real surprised if he stays the commissioner for much longer. Hes pissing off a lot of old men with a lot of money.
I agree 100% it just aggravates me that people talk crap about the saints when everybody does it but they are the ones that's called out like there the bad guys. I back my team all the way jus like People back the brand trucks on this sight. The way I see if you want to watch a bunch guys prance around in tight and cry every time some one touches them, watch baseball or soccer.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

just to clear things up. Sean Peyton isn't being suspended because he told his guys to knock the **** out of the opposing team. He is being suspended for his "crush-for-cash bounty system". Basically he was giving his guys cash incentives for taking out players.

Its one thing to motivate your team to hit hard, but another to put a price on someone.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
just to clear things up. Sean Peyton isn't being suspended because he told his guys to knock the **** out of the opposing team. He is being suspended for his "crush-for-cash bounty system". Basically he was giving his guys cash incentives for taking out players.

Its one thing to motivate your team to hit hard, but another to put a price on someone.
Sean Payton is being suspended because he knew about the bounty system and did nothing of it. Gregg Williams is being suspended indefinitely because he was the one who lead the bounty system. Gotta get those facts straight bud.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

you are correct jg, but he might as well been paying it himself haha
quote from ESPN:
According to the league, Payton ignored instructions from the NFL and Saints ownership to make sure bounties weren't being paid.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
you are correct jg, but he might as well been paying it himself haha
quote from ESPN:
According to the league, Payton ignored instructions from the NFL and Saints ownership to make sure bounties weren't being paid.
Correctomundo, exactly why he is being suspended.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jg53
Sean Payton is being suspended because he knew about the bounty system and did nothing of it. Gregg Williams is being suspended indefinitely because he was the one who lead the bounty system. Gotta get those facts straight bud.
You guys are also missing the fact that; a) he lied about it, and; b) he instructed his staff to lie about it.

This is a huge business and its influence funnels all the way down to our children's leagues. Open your scope of vision for those who are thinking it's completely outrageous, he's the HC of the team. Look at what happens in college, now the NFL should be even harsher in penalty. The NFLPA are the main body pushing for injury prevention so don't blame the fun of the game loss solely on the Commissioner, the blame also falls on today's players voting for it through the NFLPA.

A message needed to be sent you cannot deny that, they've all singed contracts and have huge power and money, there's a large responsibility that goes along with all that.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
You guys are also missing the fact that; a) he lied about it, and; b) he instructed his staff to lie about it.

This is a huge business and its influence funnels all the way down to our children's leagues. Open your scope of vision for those who are thinking it's completely outrageous, he's the HC of the team. Look at what happens in college, now the NFL should be even harsher in penalty. The NFLPA are the main body pushing for injury prevention so don't blame the fun of the game loss solely on the Commissioner, the blame also falls on today's players voting for it through the NFLPA.

A message needed to be sent you cannot deny that, they've all singed contracts and have huge power and money, there's a large responsibility that goes along with all that.
Yes, while that is all true, I was just correcting the previous post.

I agree with the decision that has been reached for them, a message needed to be made.

The players should go out there already giving it their all and, if, during a hit being made (so long as its a legal hit) it takes a player out....well thats just the nature of the game.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jg53
Yes, while that is all true, I was just correcting the previous post.
It was a blanket statement, not directed solely at you...
Missing facts relates to bad facts.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
Missing facts relates to bad facts.

Quick Reply: Rodger Goodell sucks