THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Samsung Galaxy s3 Battery Life (or other smart phones)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Samsung Galaxy s3 Battery Life (or other smart phones)

hey guys
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I dont think its any different from any other smart phone when it comes to battery life, maybe a touch worse but its pretty well on par with my friends iphone...they both suck juice haha.
is there any tips or tricks you guys know to get longer battery life? some days Im pretty hard on my phone with facebook, this forum, tapatalk, intagram and chive and it'll be dead by 4PM haha, other days i'm lighter on it, but its still dead before I go to bed!!
I did some googling and all i seem to come up with is turn off gps, turn off google maps, turn this off turn that off. is that my only option? turn off apps until its better?
Ive heard about some "Juice Defender" battery app which gurantees double the life and seems to have good reviews, anybody tried a battery saver app?

who else is having these issues?
Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea have a s2 it seems about the same. I don't have a battery saver app but I do keep everything off until I need it. I tell people everything you do on your phone takes battery life. If you go into settings you can change some things to help your battery life. If your not worried about emails don't have it refresh as often and don't do automatic updates or download anything you don't have to until you can charge it. Other than that keep a charger at home,car, and work.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the HTC Rezound and it is horrible. I charge my phone 3 times a day every day.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

so its just the life of the smart phone haha, I guess i'll get myself a charger to keep at work as well.
this is my first smart phone, so going from my old samsung impact which I could text for 2 days straight with to this phone that dies on its own by 7, I was like "whaaaat?"
from what I gathered on my search, android phones certainly kill batteries much faster!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can root it, it would help with being able to turn stuff off. Turn off WiFi until you are using it, otherwise it is always searching. Keep the screen dim instead of the brightest setting unless you need it.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
If you can root it, it would help with being able to turn stuff off. Turn off WiFi until you are using it, otherwise it is always searching. Keep the screen dim instead of the brightest setting unless you need it.
i'll try turning the wifi off until i'm at home on wifi.
my screen "auto" adjusts according to the lighting in the room, but i'll try dimming it a touch more.
i'll check ebay for a cheap charger, cause theres no way i'm paying $25 for a samsung one just to have at work
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you sit at a desk? If so, and you are allowed to plug in external devices, you can just get a usb to mini usb adapter and charge it through the computer. It charges slow, but I usually just left it plugged in all day anyways. The cords are cheap, $5 bucks or so.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 5 is pretty decent on battery life, I use the %^&* out of it. You need to go in and turn of some of the app features, location services. Also x the internet out and nay other apps your not using at the time, it def works.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

no desks for me unfortunately just a hoist/bay, I do however have a cool in box mounted power bar for my tool box, so I could easily have it plugged in. I could NOT be lazy and bring my charger from home, but i'd rather have one here and one there, then I dont have to worry about forgetting it on a weekend or something
Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine does alright but the screens crack way to easy had it a week atleast it was free

Quick Reply: Samsung Galaxy s3 Battery Life (or other smart phones)