THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

scared passengers

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been asked for "demo" joyrides several times. If I have the spare time, I'm always happy to oblige. I guess most of these people have never been in anything quick.

I've had several people jump to grab the door handle, or grab bar on the dash when I lay on the skinny pedal. The funny part is that I always give them a warning. I usually say something like, "Here's what happens when I go WOT..."

There's always been some ear-to-ear grins and laughing to go along with the grabbing of handles though.

One guy asked me to take him & his teenage son around the block... He called me last week to say his son hasn't stopped talking about the truck for a month, and wants his dad to buy a truck for them to build up. That's what I'm talking about!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO, my wife won't even ride in my Cobra. It's a little violent under boost.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not a passenger story but,I asked some family do a lil filming so I could get a nice exhaust clip during a pass.Really didnt work out too well being that the filming was supposed to be done at a distance from the road.I told them to stand at least 50' away not 50"s.

Ls1 Fly by at enough mph to scare the camera crew - YouTube

Last edited by SincalT/A; 09-02-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Mr. Wheatley doesnt like going much over 90mph...so i take him to 130+ every time. I also like to get sideways with him. you would think with him tuning trucks all day every day he would get used to it but he squeals like a bitch every time
Old 09-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
My ex GF was bent over tying her shoes and i slammed on the breaks making her hit her head on the dash handle
I've been doing that to my wife years and it still never gets old
Originally Posted by TXsilverado
Mr. Wheatley doesnt like going much over 90mph...so i take him to 130+ every time. I also like to get sideways with him. you would think with him tuning trucks all day every day he would get used to it but he squeals like a bitch every time
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Not my story, but my dad's.

Back in the day my dad had a 69' Camaro, 450-500 N/A HP with a 200 N20 shot on it. It was a street legal drag car, built for the 1/4. Took my now aunt out for a ride in it one day. She was apparently ok until he hit about 80 and flipped the N2O switch... she pissed her pants. Literally.
******* epic...
Originally Posted by larsy87
people always get in my truck and don't wear their seatbelt, so i usually slam on the brakes and let them know i don't tolerate that bull sheet.
I don't even put it in drive unless they buckle up.... I like your idea better though.
Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
I've been asked for "demo" joyrides several times. If I have the spare time, I'm always happy to oblige. I guess most of these people have never been in anything quick.

I've had several people jump to grab the door handle, or grab bar on the dash when I lay on the skinny pedal. The funny part is that I always give them a warning. I usually say something like, "Here's what happens when I go WOT..."

There's always been some ear-to-ear grins and laughing to go along with the grabbing of handles though.

One guy asked me to take him & his teenage son around the block... He called me last week to say his son hasn't stopped talking about the truck for a month, and wants his dad to buy a truck for them to build up. That's what I'm talking about!
I don't remember if I asked for a joy ride or if we had to go somewhere but I remember going for a spin in your truck with ya. I was expecting it and still had a grin from ear to ear when I heard the whine of the charger and the tires fighting for traction.

Don't have many stories of scaring people from a launch or going fast in my truck but I have scared the **** out of my wife plenty of times in the winter. I am born and raised here and feel very comfortable on icy roads. Nothing like acting like you are in Tokyo Drift going down back roads at 60-70 MPH sideways 90% of the time. The wife is use to it now, says she is not afraid of my driving, she is afraid what my reaction will be if we go sideways into the ditch.

For all out speed only thing I can relate to is taking girls on my motorcycle. Putt along doing the speed limit and shifting way below the power line. Usually about 10 minutes into it they say "geez this isn't that bad at all, I thought it would be a lot faster". Usually follow that up with a tap to tell her to hold on tight and about 10 seconds of a death grip and solid screaming.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

The only thing I can relate to is walkin it everytime it rains not enough power like everyone to scare people but not many people like facing other cars while going straight they usually have a death grip on the "o **** bar" and or like ok ok ok SOB!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:13 AM
TECH Resident

the only way i can scare people is when im getting on the freeway and have it pegged rowing through the gears and still not getting up to speed fast enough to match traffic
Old 09-03-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71

Roger, so who's truck do u take them in if they want somethin quick?!? Someone else's?!?

Kimura, your wife won't even ride in yer Cobra. How violent is a little violent under boost? How much boost & what kinda power we talkin? Any vids?

Just wrong, but funny. He's the last guy due to tuning trucks, I'd think would be scared. How old is he?

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I've been doing that to my wife years and it still never gets old
Why I am not surpised? Not even a bit. I expected u to say that way earlier too when someone else said they do that, I thought, sounds like somethin Cody would do!!

ak2007r6, I love to play when 1st snow falls. And even successive snow's on ground too.

Ya, I'm 2wd, but like to keep my skills honed JIC I need to. Trouble is, 2 things: As I'm 2wd, if I get loose & see a ditch, now that's a $$ tow. And since I'm low, that makes things worse.

And also, things on ice can & do happen even when I'm not clowning.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM
makes children cry

Received 440 Likes on 361 Posts

i ain't really got any stories in the truck except when i would take my roommates drifting around our apartment parking lot when it rained.
now the car... last gal i took for a ride couldn't stop screaming.

maybe it's the driver he's scared of - not the speed

Quick Reply: scared passengers