THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

SEC championship florida vs. alabama

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quoting stats like #3 in the SEC is like quoting stats for teh NFC, AFC, etc in the NFL, nobody cares about conference stats. In the end its about whose best in the nation, since thats the title you play for in Pasadena right? There isnt a better QB in the nation than Colt and his stats show it.

The statement I made about Tebow had more to do with him in particular, not necessarily his team.

The BCS ranking is BS anyway IMO, the SEC is a weak conference compared to the Big 12, so how UT is #3 is beyond me. Oh wait, its a popularity contest I realize a few of the games we have won were less than graceful but Alabamas win wasnt too great either.

There are a lot of other stats that could be pulled up, and these debates always get heated it seems. IMO Florida is the better team as far as this game goes, but UT is the better team in the nation.

We all know TCU doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell against any of the top 3 teams so they're really irrelevant as far as the title game is concerned.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bama will win! I can't stand Tebow
Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Sexy Party Mod

I dont care for Tebow but I CANNOT STAND Colt McCoy. Texas A&M had a good run against Texas this past Thursday: WAY better than I thought we would do. Whoever wins the SEC Championship, I hope they are up to the task of Beating The Hell Outta Texas. (t.u.)

I just dont see Nebraska beating t.u. so I'm sure they will meet whoever wins the SEC.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 PM

Im a die hard UT fan, but even Ill admit I dont care too much for McCoy. You ought to hear how bad the local media rides his nuts. He is a damn good quarterback though, his personality well, I guess I cant blame him, hes been the poster child for UT now for 4 years, it would go to your head too.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My family from Decatur, Bama was up this past week. Their family was split Auburn/Bama fans. It was probably one of the top 5 most intense game days I have been part of. LOL The first quarter was completely by far the funniest **** I have seen. LOL I was sorta pulling for Aubrun to bust their ***....sorta. There were some great rivalry games on.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

Too bad bama AND florida cant lose...i dont care for Tebow though so id have to say i would rather see bama win.

Another UT fan here..HOOK EM!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

GO GATORS

i HATEEEE T.U. and i want to see the gators win a 3rd championship in 4 years
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Im a die hard UT fan, but even Ill admit I dont care too much for McCoy. You ought to hear how bad the local media rides his nuts. He is a damn good quarterback though, his personality well, I guess I cant blame him, hes been the poster child for UT now for 4 years, it would go to your head too.
LOL, yea they do. Along the same lines, did you happen to read the paper when this came out(I found it online)?

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...014golden.html

What kind of ridiculous first statement is that?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:23 AM
11 Second Truck Club

SEC, best conference in College ball!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Maybe 10 years ago...

UT, Tech, OSU and OU, come 4 of the best teams in the nation. OSU would have done better if they didnt have so many player problems, and of course with bradford getting knocked out for OU they didnt have much of a chance. The SEC is still riding their popularity from the past for their ranking in the BCS.

LSU is not consistant enough, before Tebow, Florida was decent, and Alabama hasnt done anything of noteable interest that I can think of in recent memory.

I cant believe Im going to say this but even the Aggies have a decent team for next year.

Quick Reply: SEC championship florida vs. alabama