THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Slowly moving my way along...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I'm curious, but is it a $ thing, but why not get the SW headers now, pay headers for once & go?
Parker, dyno said 96° & u put down 271 uncorrected, 292 corrected before headers & cam. My guess is u meant HP here & not TQ? Also, what kind of dyno? I wish mine was puttin that down, & I have my mods. Where's that graph?

Derek, keep your eyes open.
As Derek said, its a mustang dyno, tho its a mustang with eddy current loading set to the weight of my truck , and yes that was HP 292 HP and 291 TQ corrected 271 uncorrected HP and i forget the uncorrected TQ, that was with a intake,muffler and tune.

I now have the cam in and long tubes done and will be back on the dyno Thursday to finish fine tuning it and to see the new numbers.

as for the SW it was a money thing , im broke as hell right now, and got them for a killer deal, so once it comes 6L time ill sell them and get some SW

also ill get the graph up soon as i find someone with a working scanner.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hurry up parker if want another shot at my truck
Old 06-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal park face, good numbers to start. But that cam is tooo much for a stock head.. Get to the get, get yourself modding dude. Glad your getting the modding started >D
Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Good deal park face, good numbers to start. But that cam is tooo much for a stock head.. Get to the get, get yourself modding dude. Glad your getting the modding started >D
I thought the lift was a little to much too for stock heads, But I think when he got it spec'd it was somewhat spec'd for a his 6L which would have worked heads, But im not sure.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:42 AM
FormerVendor

Nope, I speced it out to maximize the 5.3l combination he is running now with stock heads, only thinking of him changing converters in the near future. It would work very well with a set of heads as well, but I think its a waste to put the money into heads on a 5.3l instead of swapping to a 6-liter. If it was a weekend/racing only truck I'd go a little different on the cam and sacrifice some idle quality etc for another tenth or so gain at the track

Ive easily made 415 rwhp on a NBS stock 5.3l /w stock truck intake combo through unlocked 3600 4l60e converter (on previously used dynojet 248 before we were using Mustang 1100SE chassis dyno). Ive got cam choices nailed on about any combo.

If I had to put out a SAE estimate right now id say 360 rwhp (locked) through open cutout with his current combo, peaking about 6250-6400rpm.

Hey parker, maybe you can hang with my stock duramax now from a roll. You've still got heads up anytime from a stop light. 4wd-hi launches will always own you.
Jim @ CalSpeed

Last edited by CalSpeedPerformance; 06-14-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Baltimore Whore

Jim what kinda coin would you charge to spec me a cam?? thnx

I thought for sure that would be a bit to much for a 5.3 head.. I've been wrong b4, prob a few more times
Old 06-14-2010, 03:10 AM
TECH Resident

Nice Parker, anyways once you get all set up with your cam we need to make another northern Cali meet so all us Cali guys can meet. I wanna race derek LOL
Old 06-14-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris05
Nice Parker, anyways once you get all set up with your cam we need to make another northern Cali meet so all us Cali guys can meet. I wanna race derek LOL
Everyone always wants to race me, Like I am something hard to beat lol..
Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Parke10
As Derek said, its a mustang dyno, tho its a mustang with eddy current loading set to the weight of my truck , and yes that was HP 292 HP and 291 TQ corrected 271 uncorrected HP and i forget the uncorrected TQ, that was with a intake,muffler and tune.

I now have the cam in and long tubes done and will be back on the dyno Thursday to finish fine tuning it and to see the new numbers.

as for the SW it was a money thing , im broke as hell right now, and got them for a killer deal, so once it comes 6L time ill sell them and get some SW

also ill get the graph up soon as i find someone with a working scanner.
I gotta look when I get home, but I think I dynoed on a Mustang. Your #'s blow mine away IIRC. I'll post up the numbers later, but wanna say mine paled in comparison, say 252HP.

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
Nope, I speced it out to maximize the 5.3l combination he is running now with stock heads, only thinking of him changing converters in the near future. It would work very well with a set of heads as well, but I think its a waste to put the money into heads on a 5.3l instead of swapping to a 6-liter. If it was a weekend/racing only truck I'd go a little different on the cam and sacrifice some idle quality etc for another tenth or so gain at the track

Ive easily made 415 rwhp on a NBS stock 5.3l /w stock truck intake combo through unlocked 3600 4l60e converter (on previously used dynojet 248 before we were using Mustang 1100SE chassis dyno). Ive got cam choices nailed on about any combo.

If I had to put out a SAE estimate right now id say 360 rwhp (locked) through open cutout with his current combo, peaking about 6250-6400rpm.

Hey parker, maybe you can hang with my stock duramax now from a roll. You've still got heads up anytime from a stop light. 4wd-hi launches will always own you.
Heads on a 5.3 are a waste? All 5.3s, even if blown or juiced?

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Jim what kinda coin would you charge to spec me a cam??

I thought for sure that would be a bit to much for a 5.3 head.. I've been wrong b4, prob a few more times
Parker should tell Jim how much to charge you. Since u like givin people ****, I figure that's fair.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by fastnblu

Parker should tell Jim how much to charge you. Since u like givin people ****, I figure that's fair.
If it was up to Parker he would tellem to do it for free

Quick Reply: Slowly moving my way along...