THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Smart phones

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by camochevy21
Everybody says the iphone, which are bad@$$ don't get me wrong. I have sprint so I couldn't get one. I have an evo 4G which is a droid powered phone. I love the phone, it has more on it than I will every use. . . the downfall is that the battery doesn't last very well at all. Good luck!!
You can get an iPhone on sprint now,
Old 11-20-2011, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
I just got an iphone4 a few months back and really like it. I got the mid level otter box, and it didnt make it much bigger and fits in my pocket easily.
I just upgraded from 3G to i4S, and this baby smokes. The hubby is SO ADROID and loves his applications, but hell this phone is SO user friendly why the hell not. I would hate to have to re-learn everything.

Most may believe having an ADROID is the IT with all of it's applications from Google, you just have to realize that you're going to need virus protection. I suggest OUTLOOK. I had it on my Blackjack II and it was a great way to b/u file, pic, and contacts as well. With the iPhone applications you don't need any protection. It's all proprietary and all apps need Apple approval. And Apple will tell you when there's an update, right on the phone.

** NOTE ** When entering this site on your mobile device, there will be a prompt requesting the use of the mobile application. Deny it. Why? It's not the full site, nor can you see a a lot of the pics, replies to quotes, etc.

I have an Otter Box Commuter on the 3G, and I've done the same with the i4S.

I do suggest hitting up one of the mall kiosks and having the anti-glare/protection sheets added to your device. $30 and it's life time guaranteed.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worst part is apple works better using droid/google apps then the droids do.. iphone is where it is at..
Old 11-20-2011, 04:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a 4s for a week, went from.a incredible 2. Well that was a mistake. Now have a new razor absolutly kills the 4s in every way. But I guess the incredible2 did too also. Never been happy with a Apple product, but then again I'm a techy tho customizes and uses a lot of CPU and memory intensive software often. Just depends who you are!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Hoe I agree.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I currently have an Android powered Incredible that is rooted. I like quite a few things about it, but then it locks up every now and then. I just ordered a 4s, so hopefully I will like it. I really like tweaking with things, so I will more than likely jailbreak it.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've had several iPhones and several Droid phones and I like the iPhone better FWIW. If you need one I'm trying to sell mine. Asking 400 for just the phone or 600 with all the extras. iPhone 4 32GB black for CDMA (VZW)

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...erizon-492019/
Old 11-21-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Additional info: I found an Otterbox Commuter series cover for my i4S under $25 on Amazon. Here's the link, Amazon.com:save_ur_money_with_me Storefront.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to be anti-iphone as well. When my BB started glitching out & needed replaced, I went to the stores and tested all the new(at the time) phones against each other. I compared speed, ease of use(keep it simple stupid), etc. I ended up buying 2 iP4's, and I'm very happy with these phones, they are fast, and they work great. I have no regrets whatsoever, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing what comes out after the 4s.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too was anti-Iphone. I was a keyboard man and thought the idea of not having one would suck. With in the last couple of years I got on the Iphone wagon and havent got off yet. Had the 3gs and now the 4, they do everything I need to do, and then some. Plus they have apps for everything you can think of.

P.S. Got the wife one and she stays so busy on it she doesnt bother me anymore when I'm doing truck stuff or staying up all night on the xbox

Last edited by tiffo60; 11-22-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Smart phones