THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

So how many of you guys shave your face every day?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I am referring to the shaving and man scaping not the baby stuff dickweed. FYI, I am already a daddy I just don't get to hold it yet. (Only talk to mama's belly). But this you already knew.
Congrats man!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About every 3 days here. I wish I could shave daily. I go with the grain on my neck since its more sensitive, opposite of you. I have learned not to use the cheap disposable razor. Is rather shave with a Bowie knife then to use those worthless things.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by beastmode
Oh ya he's having no trouble growing lol.

The wife and I haven't quite decided on what we want to do yet... that's not to say I don't want children because I always have... I just am not sure about having kids of my own.

I don't talk about this much but here goes.. brace yourself because this will probably get pretty long lol

Back in December of 2010 I was laid off from work as my company slowed down a lot. Worked out good because I had a ton of house work to get done on the inside anyways.

The day I was laid off I received a call from my cousin asking me if my wife and I wanted to take her cousin's (my second cousin) 10 month old baby. She already had 2 older boys (7 & 9) already in foster care because her and the bf couldn't keep from shoving **** in their veins and up their noses.

My parents fostered my entire childhood and having grown up with between 25-30 foster brothers/sisters I felt compelled to try to provide for this kid what his real parents couldn't.

In this time my wife and I decided we were going to hold off on attempting to have children to wait to see what happened with Dominic.

So for the next 10 months I was changing diapers and rocking out to Imagination Movers every morning haha!! I started back to work in August of 2011 and the little guy started daycare up. Things were looking great, it really looked like we were going to be able to adopt him. In March of 2012 the judge informed us that the parents had tested clean 2 months in a row and they'd be extending their visitation rights to 3 overnighters/week instead of the typical 2hours/day for 2days/week. To make a long story short they sent the baby home back in June of 2012.

As you can imagine this broke our hearts and our spirits.

It took awhile to regroup but we've gotten back on the horse and between my parents and us are fostering 3 brothers ages 5, 3, and 18 months... and the mom has an infant on the way. Mom just hit the legal drinking age! Needless to say if something becomes permanent with these 3 boys (4 with baby on the way) we'll have plenty enough to keep us busy over the next few years

I've always wanted children of my own and am not ruling out the possibility of at least 1 of our own but for now I just feel this calling my name if you know what I mean?

Phew!!
That's really awesome that you are doing that. The wife and I talked about adopting also. We planned to have two and then maybe adopt one but with our boy coming so early it kinda threw our whole plan around so not sure what are whole game plan is now. Due to the c-section i guess we are suppose to wait 2 years before she gets preggers again.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

I am referring to the shaving and man scaping not the baby stuff dickweed. FYI, I am already a daddy I just don't get to hold it yet. (Only talk to mama's belly). But this you already knew.
Congrats on the one to come. Whens the date?
Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
AK2 we could pass for brothers almost with that look down expression, sucks mine is darker, you support NOBAMA though,
LOL we both are into drinking beer and going fast. Close enough for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wasn't sure if you told everyone yet hence the someday buttnugget
You know I'm playin

Wow Bill that's quite a rollercoaster you and the wife have been on , but at least you got to give that child the best you could for the short time you had .Good luck with your new little ones , Dad
Old 01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My beard was a little bit longer than AK's in that pic until last night, trimmed it pretty short. I usually keep a neat short goatee during the summer so it doesnt get in the way working.

I have let me hair grow out longer than usual to go along with the beard too. If I keep my usual super short haircut and grow the beard I usually get pegged for a klan member around here

I think I'm gonna let the beard grow till our baby is born in April/May then cut it off. I would have no problem growing out a Robertson Special, I just couldn't handle the long hair. Gets on my nerves.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everyday???
more like every week sometimes every other week.. and when i was working on the road it was up to a month.. if i was home on a weekend and could make it to church then id shave... sometimes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
My beard was a little bit longer than AK's in that pic until last night, trimmed it pretty short. I usually keep a neat short goatee during the summer so it doesnt get in the way working.

I have let me hair grow out longer than usual to go along with the beard too. If I keep my usual super short haircut and grow the beard I usually get pegged for a klan member around here

I think I'm gonna let the beard grow till our baby is born in April/May then cut it off. I would have no problem growing out a Robertson Special, I just couldn't handle the long hair. Gets on my nerves.
That's the reason I trimmed my beard up. Holding my son the my cheek kept rubbing him which im sure felt like a SOS pad on his head. The goatee will still get him if im not careful but it's not quite in the way.

I thought about going and shaving completely but I haven't done that for years... not sure I am ready for that change LOL
Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I give up on shaving, waste of time. I started growing a beard, and want to see it thru...
Here is me and my baby girl watching a Georgia bulldog game a while back, touchdown!!!
Name:  2012-12-019515-49-3995856.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  20.5 KB
Old 01-12-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

I have a little indian in my blood, so if i dont shave every 3 days or so i start to look white trash. I think it's apache in my blood because my beards grow in apache here and apache there

Quick Reply: So how many of you guys shave your face every day?