THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

So i visited a buddies shop today to check out his nitro racecar

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 12:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love that custm2500 always lets us in on his wisdom!

So being the sick SOB that I am, when I go to the nitro drag races, I never want to leave the pits. I like to camp out in front of a team that is just starting tear down after a run. Especially right after they break something. Everybody has a job and everyone is efficient. One thing that blows my mind is how easy the sleeves pull out of the block.

Corey, I probably missed it but does your guy tear the engine apart after every run or does he run it till it breaks?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by oakley6575
I love that custm2500 always lets us in on his wisdom!

So being the sick SOB that I am, when I go to the nitro drag races, I never want to leave the pits. I like to camp out in front of a team that is just starting tear down after a run. Especially right after they break something. Everybody has a job and everyone is efficient. One thing that blows my mind is how easy the sleeves pull out of the block.

Corey, I probably missed it but does your guy tear the engine apart after every run or does he run it till it breaks?
Every run he check main bearings and rockers. You have todo a complete oil, coolant change after each run. Heads and blower stay on it. You really need an engine jack to remove the blower. **** is heavey with manifold attached.

The cool thing about that car notice the 4 big red hydraulic rams? Those are attached to the frame so he can get it up in the air. You can fit a jack under it because it sits like 1-2 inches off the ground.