THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

so sick of having my shit stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Besides everything being locked in a garage, in the middle of a larger piece of property that you can't see unles you fly over it. I utilize motion lights, a 100lb German Sheppard that hates strangers and allot of guns. Screw that ****, thieves are complete scum.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
I have 2.1 dogs that bark at anything that they see or hear. Was pretty nice when we were on a secuded 5 acres, but now we live in a duplex on one acre, with really close neighbors. They go off all the time now......

But good luck sneaking up on my house.

Sorry to hear about your streak of theft. I hate thieves too, seems like the law doesn't really give 2 ***** about anybody's stuff being stolen. Unless it's their stuff.
2.1 dogs?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2.1 dogs?????? Was thinking the same thing. I suppose alcohol might have been involved in that post. Or its a genetically hybrid mutt with two heads. Version 2.1!

Richard that sucks that you have these issues. I would suggest the camera idea as well. At least you will have what you need to take it to the cops or know who to punch in the face!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i second the motion lights but would attach a alarm to them just loud enough for you to hear it and have the shot guy with rock salt sitting by the door waiting.. put signs up saying dont worrie about the dog be afraid of the owner
Old 06-10-2012, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

keep an eye on craigslist and local pawn shops. Someone stole one of my hopped up paintball guns, about $700 worth. Found it on Craigslist the following week. Contacted the local PD and got it back. And some motion lights ant the hunter camera would be a good investment in case of future theft.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that man, my parents use to live in a trailer in a rough area of denver, someone use to clean that place out 3 times a year! who ever they were they didn't give a crap about tools?? But they stole every gun my dad had, can't believe no one could see people walking around with a gun case full of guns lol?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

That really sucks man. I had thousands of dollars worth of stereo stuff stolen in broad day light years ago in a crowded parking lot....yet no one saw anything happen.

Any chance you can get a big tool box or shed or something temporary for now that you can lock up? I garage would be ideal.

+1 to having dogs. Both mine are in a very large dog kennel outside. They know most the normal sounds so if they start barking their heads off I know something isn't right outside. Also have motion lights in the front and back so the second you step on the property it looks like a damn football stadium is lit up.

well except in the summers when it's day lights 24/7 LOL
Old 06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

I had some one come into my garage one night and steal, transmission, impact tools a bunch of small stuff. Agree people suck.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

I second the cameras, you can get some cheap ones. Nothing fancy, just gives you an idea.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember going out to my truck one morning to head to work and seeing my driverside window on the sidewalk held together by the tint and my radio,radar detector, and cd's were stolen and all my stuff in my center console were all scattered inside the truck. I couldn't stand the fact that someone was in my personal space so I bought a 9mm and an alarm.

Quick Reply: so sick of having my shit stolen