THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

So tell me is it wrong to buy things, then sell

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i posted my truck for a grand less on here than on craigslist. and if i put it on ebay, ill raise it another thousand.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

jameson damn it
Old 12-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically what I am getting at is buy things, sell them for more.. It is entirely up to a person/individual if they decide to take it or not, weather it be for sale in the paper, the bay or the site.. Naturally people(most) no what they are looking at and what things cost..
Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
I completely agree with this. When I see people buying **** off ebay and then flipping it on here to make a buck off a fellow forum member it pisses me off.
Why would it **** you off? In all seriousness, what do you owe to me or any other member you've never met? Would you rather have an extra $100 in your pocket or an extra $100 in my pocket?

Not being a dick, but that's the way I see it. Matter of opinion I suppose.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
13 Second Truck Club

As long as you're honest about what you're selling, and aren't purposely ripping someone off, I see nothing wrong with it.

Personally, I try to give the buyer a good deal while still coming out ahead of where I started. Could I get more most of the time? Sure, but as long as I'm not losing any money, it makes me feel like a good person if I give them a bit of a break.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:56 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's also been my experience when selling at item, that if the price listed is too low, it often takes longer to sell. Since potential buyers understand what it is "worth", they assume something is wrong with the item, or worn out, or whatever, if the price is too low. There is an art to determining a "fair" price on anything. There is also an art to buying low and selling high.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
It's also been my experience when selling at item, that if the price listed is too low, it often takes longer to sell. Since potential buyers understand what it is "worth", they assume something is wrong with the item, or worn out, or whatever, if the price is too low. There is an art to determining a "fair" price on anything. There is also an art to buying low and selling high.
Funny you bring the selling to low up.. We had a steering wheel at a hot rod swap meet a few years back, that was mint, really was nice nothing broke chrome good shape.. Mr Will(dads friend) had it for sale, at a good price,didn't sell the first day, second day a few kickers. The last day was coming to a end, so he said *** it put FREE on it. You know 1000 people finger F%^KD it but nobody would take it, just about everybody that looked at it said Free, wth is wrong with it..
Old 12-29-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71

Teach me Yoda.......

Please I want to use the force.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Believe it or not, people actually like to brag about how much their cool **** is worth. Never see anybody bragging about their $49 bargain cell phone. But just watch everybody brag about their special iphone, or whatever. It applies to custom wheels, tires, superchargers, paint jobs, etc. The more coin they spent, the more special it is to them.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Where's the Beef?

IMO as long as you aren't selling it for more than it's worth it's fair game.

If you happened to get a hell of a deal and still sell it to someone else for less than its worth then its win win. You made some money and the person buying it saved some money. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Selling something to someone before you've purchased it from another person like that DVD guy was trying to do is wrong tho.

Quick Reply: So tell me is it wrong to buy things, then sell