THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

So tell me is it wrong to buy things, then sell

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any price is fair game, something is only worth how much someone is willing to pay for it.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have an issue of making a fair buck, but when a person posts on 10 forums saying that they can get a part for this price and asking everyone if it is a good deal and then turnaround and purchase the part and put it up for sale for double the price on the same 10 forums...I dont understand.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
If you can get something for less than it is actually worth, then sell it for what it is actually worth, then you are just a better businessman than the person who sold it to you.....
I agree as well. Sometimes you can pick up a really good deal because someone needs to sell whatever it is because they need the cash or they need to get rid of it because of storage issues/want it gone. Ive learned that just being patient really helps find good deals. If you go out looking for parts and want them right away, you will most likely pay top dollar.

As far as turning around and selling it for a profit, if you can sell it for more then what you purchased it for, more power to you. Most likely its because you can sit on whatever you have bought longer than the original seller, waiting for that person that has to have it now.

I have no problem with it and I find myself doing it every now and again.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

John if this post is in reference to the black painted door handle on ebay I asked you about last night, I think it's pretty shitty what you did. I'm not going to turn into an emotional girl about it, and as a matter of fact, I wouldn't even want it at this point since everytime I'd look at the door handle I'd think of you and want to rip it off and stomp it on the ground. It's not even the money involved but the principle of what you did really irritates me and I really don't care to have anymore business with you. It was a dick move plain and simple. I was considering buying a set of Stainless works headers from you but you can kiss that one goodbye. Only you know if making $30 on a door handle you paid $12 was worth it. Enjoy your new door handle I guess.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
lol X2
need more info to comment...
Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll give him a chance to respond first.

Last edited by hirdlej; 12-29-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
John if this post is in reference to the black painted door handle on ebay I asked you about last night, I think it's pretty shitty what you did. I'm not going to turn into an emotional girl about it, and as a matter of fact, I wouldn't even want it at this point since everytime I'd look at the door handle I'd think of you and want to rip it off and stomp it on the ground. It's not even the money involved but the principle of what you did really irritates me and I really don't care to have anymore business with you. It was a dick move plain and simple. I was considering buying a set of Stainless works headers from you but you can kiss that one goodbye. Only you know if making $30 on a door handle you paid $12 was worth it. Enjoy your new door handle I guess.
Actually to some extant it is.. As far as the handle goes, you said you were looking for a set. Correct?? I went and and sent ya a link of a pair of painted OEM ones( not mine) off the bay correct?? You then told me it was way to much for them.. Then sent me a link to one off ebay( that was only a few ads under the one i sent ya, i told you I just found saw it), you said well these guys sell these( sep) for this ALL THE TIME ?? ( meaning you could get one at anytime for that price) Never told me you were going to buy THAT particular one, did you?? Thats a negative... So at that price, I bought the damn thing, after I told you I could make a few buks on it, if i picked up a driver side one..Correct?? Yes.. So being you actually never told me you wanted that one, I don't feel it was a dick move. Had you told me hey man I am going to buy that one, I wouldn't have( because I am certainly not that kinda person), but you signed off( giving if you were pissed) So at this point yes I will find a driver side one, more then likely sell them both of them for A FEW $$ more then I paid for them If you would like to buy them i will make you a extra special deal but you will still think . At any rate yes guys that is one of the reasons I posted up about buying and selling things for more... As far as buying this out from under him, like I said not the case, as it was never stated to me that he was going to buy it... I really didn't think it was a big deal, were talking 12 buks and there isn't a principal when you never told me you wanted that one. That would be like me being pissed if a person needed injectors, I posted them up to him with a price of 200$ then the next guy posted under me that he had them for 150$. It is what it is... I shouldn't even have replied to your post but I won't leave the people in the dark.. As far as me as a person/ seller( my feedback here and on ebay(mangler0075) speak for itself As far as the headers go, that is neither here or there Joe, you do what you have to do..... If you decide you want to respond to this, do it VIA PM or IM, so the thread doesn't get filled with bullshit

OK BACK ON TRACK

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 12-29-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I sold a set of heads for double what I paid for the whole motor, does that make me a bad guy? No, because the price I sold them for is still less than the going rate for heads.

The only reason I would ask more for something I got for cheap would be shipping, and the pain of boxing up bulky/heavy items. Also, the majority of my spare parts or anything I sell, I keep at my parents house which is about an hour away from where I live.

But with that being said, if I am selling to a well known member on here, I could live with not making a dime off of it. Hell I just gave 03chevyroyce an entire rotating assembly out of my LQ4 for free. Now if the buyer has 2 posts and doesn't have any trader feedback or anything, I wouldn't give that person as good of a deal.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:11 AM
12 Second Truck Club

sounds like john just jumped on a good deal.... nothing wrong with that. and i personally never make money selling parts on the forum, but i can make money on craigslist alot of the time.

Quick Reply: So tell me is it wrong to buy things, then sell