THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

So tell me is it wrong to buy things, then sell

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i sold my 5.3 for almost double what i paid for my LS1.

the buyer was happy to find a low mileage 5.3 long block for $500
Old 12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy/sell parts all the time . . . there's nothing wrong with it.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If something is for sale, and you have to think about it for a while to decide for yourself if it's a good deal or not, and somebody else purchases the item while you are hedging, I think that you can only be mad at yourself.

I recently missed an opportunity to purchase a lowered 4x4 RCSB stepside truck with low mileage, stereo system, auto-start, painted tonneau cover, etc, for $6K. I waited a few days to pull the trigger, and somebody else scooped it up. Does that make the other person a 'bad guy'?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Ugh, I don't feel like typing a whole mile long response but here's the cliff version.

I was hunting down through ebay last night parts for blacking my truck out. John sent me a link to a set of door handles that were way too expensive. I sent him a link back showing him a SINGLE door handle that I was going to purchase showing him they could be had for only $12 from a particular seller. He had about 6 colors available. I was sharing with John what I was going to buy. He simply reponded back something to the effect of "Oh, it would have worked for you but I just bought it. HAHA. I'm going to sell it on the forum and make money on it". You can imagine I was about to blow an oring. It's like looking at the last (put item of choice here) on the shelf at your favorite store with your friend and while you're about to put your hand on it (and he wasn't even shopping for it) your friend takes it out of your hand and says "F you, I bought it". He could have picked any color from the seller but because I was looking at a black one, I took it as a personal attack. Is that wrong? You tell me. I didn't "waver". It's just a matter of me not putting it in my basket and paying paypal faster than John. (By literally 20 seconds). I guess the moral of the story is not to share with friends what you plan on buying until you BUY IT. Because god forbid you type a little slow, they'll beat you to the punch. Laugh about it, then brag about the money they're going to make on it. Maybe times are different nowadays and people just don't have the class they used to. I dunno. Call me old fashioned I guess. Enjoy the door handle John. I know, people will argue it's trivial and only a $12 part and maybe that's true. It's the principle of how things went down I guess. Forget about it now. It's done, it's over. Everybody lives and I'll move on.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Ugh, I don't feel like typing a whole mile long response but here's the cliff version.

I was hunting down through ebay last night parts for blacking my truck out. John sent me a link to a set of door handles that were way too expensive. I sent him a link back showing him a SINGLE door handle that I was going to purchase showing him they could be had for only $12 from a particular seller. He had about 6 colors available. I was sharing with John what I was going to buy. He simply reponded back something to the effect of "Oh, it would have worked for you but I just bought it. HAHA. I'm going to sell it on the forum and make money on it". You can imagine I was about to blow an oring. It's like looking at the last (put item of choice here) on the shelf at your favorite store with your friend and while you're about to put your hand on it (and he wasn't even shopping for it) your friend takes it out of your hand and says "F you, I bought it". He could have picked any color from the seller but because I was looking at a black one, I took it as a personal attack. Is that wrong? You tell me. I didn't "waver". It's just a matter of me not putting it in my basket and paying paypal faster than John. (By literally 20 seconds). I guess the moral of the story is not to share with friends what you plan on buying until you BUY IT. Because god forbid you type a little slow, they'll beat you to the punch. Laugh about it, then brag about the money they're going to make on it. Maybe times are different nowadays and people just don't have the class they used to. I dunno. Call me old fashioned I guess. Enjoy the door handle John. I know, people will argue it's trivial and only a $12 part and maybe that's true. It's the principle of how things went down I guess. Forget about it now. It's done, it's over. Everybody lives and I'll move on.
Your doorhandles are already black
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Textured black. The handle is question is a painted black handle.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:40 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I'd be pissed-off too. I hope John realizes that he can't buy/sell on PT.net without sponsorship
Old 12-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

So does this mean John is a gypsy?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej

Again Joe you never said you were buying THAT ONE, only that you were looking, that they sold them all day long for that.. So stop acting like a child, go buy it for the same price.. Hey they sell them all the time.. I think you over reacted just a little.. And to answer, yah times are different, where have you been. Class has nothing to do this. Mark me at the bottom of the pit if you will.. I guess you sold all them intakes for less then you bought them to help people out right?? At any rate I will sell the handles and make money on it.. Or i might just keep that passenger side one and put on a plaque '' The Handle the ruined Joes life'' Take a deep breath and relax.

Originally Posted by trever1t
I'd be pissed-off too. I hope John realizes that he can't buy/sell on PT.net without sponsorship
That is in the works Billy, I can still sell anything else

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
So does this mean John is a gypsy?
Yes I am a gypsy... Like Dave Chapelle said.. '' I'M RITCH BITCH'' all from the 12$ door handle...

BTW anybody want to buy a nice set of handles, i got them for a total of 30 buks, am asking 55 shipped for them.. Still a steal
Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id like to share my story that has to do with food but has the same story, i went to get-together about 3 years ago. this party consisted of about 100 of my friends and family. the food was brought by everybody, we finish dinner. so here comes dessert time. my aunt brought my favorite dessert homemade blueberry pie! so i get in line as fast as i can, because it goes FAST!!! so im waiting my turn, mind you there is tons of everything else, cake, cookies, danishes, icecream. so im right behind 1 of my best friends and hes getting his slice, so im telling my brother that im lucky to get the last slice. my friend looks back at me smiles, turns around and takes the last two slices. i was so pissed! but i kept my cool and skipped dessert, my friend comes up to me after he had finished his slice AND MINE, and says that i should have gotten some because it was DELICIOUS!!!, that was it i flew at him and knocked him to the ground and started giving him a beating that he prolly didnt deserve. long story short im still pissed, he is still drooling when he smiles, and we havent spoken ever again.

it wasnt that he took a slice of pie that i wanted, that would be stupid. i was that he did it on purpose, and showed me what kind of friend he really was. if he did it with that, what makes me think he wouldnt do it with BIGGER THINGS....

I probally overreacted... but it sure felt great whoopin his tail.

Quick Reply: So tell me is it wrong to buy things, then sell