THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Someone tried to steal my wheels!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone tried to steal my wheels!!!!!

I Just got finished up doing all the work on my truck. I was in a rush and left my gorilla spline socket at the house with my tools. I jumped in the truck and drove a little over an house away to do some work, I was there till about 1 AM. Didn't get finished, and went back out the next day, and was there till about 5:30PM in the afternoon. I see something shiny by my truck so I walk around and find 2 lugnuts off my truck on the ground. Someone was bold enough to try to steal my wheels in broad day light.

I was in a hurry, so I felt the remaining lugnuts with bare hand, and slowly drove it around to the nearest tire store. It happened to be Discount Tire in Franklin, Tn. I told them what happened and they grabbed a spline socket and put my lugnuts back on for me. There was a third loose lugnut on the truck. It didn't damage my truck, and they didn't charge me to put the lugnuts back on. But now I am a little freaked out that someone else is going to try to steal my wheels/tires again.

I was in Brentwood, TN. If anyone here is familiar with that area, it is a real high class expensive area. I was parked in the parking lot of a multi-million dollar complex. My truck was surrounded by exotic cars and trucks. No idea why they would try to steal they tiers off my hoopty. Well, the tires are worth more then my truck.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why cant people just leave other people's **** alone? my truck was broken into last year....i almost sold my truck because of it. i just didnt like knowing someone else had been in my truck that i didnt know or want in my truck.

glad whoever it was didnt get away with your wheels or damage your truck.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

go get a couple of the safty lug nuts and just leave the adapter in the glove box

problem solved
Old 11-21-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Because of the wheels I have, I have to run thin lugnuts. So I am using gorilla splined lugnuts that are a little too long. I never thought that anyone would try to steal them. The guy at Discount tire grabbed a normal socket, slid it down over my lugnut and took one lugnut off the truck to prove a point. I have learned that there is no real way of preventing someone from stealing your wheels if they want them.

This is the first time in many years I have put anything nice on one of my vehicles. I just don't like advertising come steal me.

Since I was asked to road test these tires, I never really thought about it.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear that, i really hate a thief, here in memphis, i worry ALL THE TIME
Old 11-21-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

I never realized that you were that close.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

me neither, lol
Old 11-21-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cttandy
I Just got finished up doing all the work on my truck. I was in a rush and left my gorilla spline socket at the house with my tools. I jumped in the truck and drove a little over an house away to do some work, I was there till about 1 AM. ...Someone was bold enough to try to steal my wheels in broad day light.

I told them what happened and they grabbed a spline socket and put my lugnuts back on for me. ...

I was in Brentwood, TN. If anyone here is familiar with that area, it is a real high class expensive area. I was parked in the parking lot of a multi-million dollar complex. My truck was surrounded by exotic cars and trucks. No idea why they would try to steal the tires off my hoopty. Well, the tires are worth more then my truck.
Tell me u left your Gorilla Splined Skt. at your house or in garage, not layin out in open on drive.

Thieves are bold!

Perhaps someone wanted your truck out of the area, so to discourage u from comin back...IDK, just a wild shot in the dark. I could be way off, but a lot doesn't make sense when it comes to life/ crime.

Originally Posted by cttandy
...I am using gorilla splined lugnuts that are a little too long. I never thought that anyone would try to steal them. The guy at Discount tire grabbed a normal socket, slid it down over my lugnut and took one lugnut off the truck to prove a point. I have learned that there is no real way of preventing someone from stealing your wheels if they want them.

This is the first time in many years I have put anything nice on one of my vehicles. I just don't like advertising come steal me. ...
I too hate to advertise.

Originally Posted by 454navyss
why cant people just leave other people's **** alone? my truck was broken into last year....i almost sold my truck because of it. i just didnt like knowing someone else had been in my truck that i didnt know or want in my truck.

glad whoever it was didnt get away with your wheels or damage your truck.
In red: I ask myself the same Q. Jealousy, lazy, or downright rotten no-good thieves, they know no other way.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Tell me u left your Gorilla Splined Skt. at your house or in garage, not layin out in open on drive.

Thieves are bold!

Perhaps someone wanted your truck out of the area, so to discourage u from comin back...IDK, just a wild shot in the dark. I could be way off, but a lot doesn't make sense when it comes to life/ crime.
Yeah, the socket was in my shop at home. I was a little over an hour from home working. I was parked in the employee parking lot of the building. Since I often work late there, it has a code entry locked door to that parking lot so I can come and go as I need.

Where I was parked you might have been able to sneak away with my wheels mid afternoon; although, all the smokers go out to that parking lot to smoke.

I don't see why anyone there wouldn't want my truck out there. The building has about 40 offices, and I have been in several of them to help with various problems. Shoot, I have even worked in the office of the man that owns the building. We got along just fine.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Off with their head!!!

Quick Reply: Someone tried to steal my wheels!!!!!