THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Son of a....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Son of a....

So... my truck got vandalized today.

My buddy was back in town from being on active duty. Hes being shipped back out to Korea on Thursday, so I took him and a few other guys/gals out to Jillians (local sports bar/game room)... real nice place, its just in an area that isnt so safe. The parking lot of the mall that this place is in is heavily protected, or so i thought. I decided to take the truck out and just him and I rode in the truck while the girl friend and her friends and some other ppl followed. He hasnt ridden in it since i bought it so this is the only reason i would bring it to an area like this.

One thing is...I'm glad it didnt get broken into... but some person threw a full bottle of Yoohoo at my windsheild, it was a pretty solid throw. Marked up the window pretty good on the driver's side and put two small gashes that will have to be repaired bc i can see it now that the window wont stand up to being hot and cold and will probably crack down the entire length of it.

Glass was just about everywhere.. there was a really nice ecsb silverado on 22's parked next to me that got class all under his truck and into his bed. I had glass on my roof, which scractched in a few spots, glass in the wiper cowls, glass in my bed, some glass stuck in my tire (idk how that happen), but it didnt puncture it. I filed a police report, guy said that the insurance company should have no problem getting this taken care of. So i'll have my roof and hood repainted and a new windsheild... should get the windsheild tinted while im at it. Just pisses me off that some drunk *** (or sober) ******* threw something at MY truck... there was a silverado to the left of me and an s-10 on bags to the right of me... and my truck was targeted... i thought maybe it was the ls1tech and pt.net decals.. but i think i was just unlucky. Probably wont be bringing the truck out of town anymore except for racing.

I'll get some pics later.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that freakin' sucks!!!!!!!! People suck! I took my '00 Z-71 to a movie theater and some punk kid threw something and broke out my rear window. Filed police report and had to get another window.

Last edited by Element 80; 10-02-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

w/o pics... so here they are. The two gashes look worse in person than in this pic.. its getting dark so its harder to see... it looks like my tach made the mark.. it was thrown directly at the tach... i wonder if it was bc they thought the truck was rice with that gauge, lol.

here are two more... its kinda hard to see... that really sucks Shawn, I'm glad my window didnt actually get busted out.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...4/DCP_5384.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...4/DCP_5380.jpg
Old 10-02-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW!! Yea, at least you're window isn't broken out yet. I vaccumed up a crap load of glass! Months later I was still finding more glass.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

listen to this... i just left to pick up my little brother from a friends house and came back.... not even 1/2 mile from my house, some ******* drives by and throws a large gallon jug of water out the window and it smacks my truck right in the middle of the windsheild.. thank god it wasnt glass that he threw... idk wtf is going on today. I slammed on the breaks and spun around in the middle of the road and chased after his *** but no luck, the road went to an intersection, by the time i got to turn around, idk which way they went... is there some kind of gang inciation to throw **** at my truck or something??
Old 10-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Rofl... SSlow... I think everyone just hates you... lol
Old 10-02-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

damn...what luck you have...
Old 10-03-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

that sucks *** man! I know how you feel. my old truck was keyed from front to back on both sides. i was pissed and almost beat up the kids who did it when i found out.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bud8fan
damn...what luck you have...
ya thts no joke.. even worse news, that new tb didnt solve my tps problem... idk what to do now, im dreading taking it to a dealer... i need to find someone local with a dyno that will try to diagonse this thing...

but from now on, i'll make sure i have my rabbit's foot, 5 leaf clover, and whatever else i have of luck tucked safely in my glove box, lol.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
listen to this... i just left to pick up my little brother from a friends house and came back.... not even 1/2 mile from my house, some ******* drives by and throws a large gallon jug of water out the window and it smacks my truck right in the middle of the windsheild.. thank god it wasnt glass that he threw... idk wtf is going on today. I slammed on the breaks and spun around in the middle of the road and chased after his *** but no luck, the road went to an intersection, by the time i got to turn around, idk which way they went... is there some kind of gang inciation to throw **** at my truck or something??

WTF!?!? Damn, that sucks Joe!! What you should do is carry a full coke can with you and the next time someone pulls that ****, shake that coke can up real good, catch up to them and throw that **** at one of their windows. It'll sound like a shotgun blast and destroy their window. Of course, you might want to make sure no one witness' it and haul ***!