THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

stupid policemen

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude im glad Texas aint like the UAE. I got pulled over by a cop that told me my exhaust sounded good. Thats in, pacesetter longtubes, off road y pipe and No muffler. The bitch scrambles my brain cause its so loud, but yet the cops complement on it
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Dude im glad Texas aint like the UAE. I got pulled over by a cop that told me my exhaust sounded good. Thats in, pacesetter longtubes, off road y pipe and No muffler. The bitch scrambles my brain cause its so loud, but yet the cops complement on it
Lucky! You gotta like awesome cops.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Wow, I didn't know they were that strict over there with their laws. Over here, I'd have to look it up but I don't think a policeman can look under your hood without consent, I could be mistaken though...anybody know?
Julien, if I remember from class correctly . . . there was a case that involved this. Terry v Ohio. A traffic stop is a non-custodial interview "technically speaking you are not being interrogated, but in reality you are definitely not free to leave", however if the officer has probably cause that something could happen, he/she is allowed to search the car.

Another thing they will do is, if they want to search the car they will come up and play the whole game that well i could give you a ticket but __insert something you both have in common here___ , so since we both have something in common I'm going to let you go. Hey, just while I'm at it you don't mind if i check under the hood do you. Whenever you say yes to that, that gives them authority to search your entire vehicle. . . . until you tell them to stop. Then they have to stop unless they do find some illegal objects.

That is just what I remember from school, so if I'm a little fuzzy on the details someone can add to it. I am definitely not a cop though.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by supercharged680
hey there guys i was driving around today i stopped at a signal light and this cop car pulled over beside me.. he heard my idle which is rough.. so i got pulled over.. the policeman asked me for my lisence and registration.. and told him that i have forgotten it in my other car.. he asked me to come to the station.. on the way i called my friend to go over to my house and pick up the stuff... anyways after i showed them everything thier like does ur car have any modifications on it.. im like no cant u see i have a stock exhaust.. thier like why is it idleing.. i said.. i have a problem with the MAF sensor.. they opened my hood.. and saw the air intake thier like aha this is whats making all that noise im like dude thats an air intake.. this policeman came over and asked me to rev.. i said dude its an american car they are loud even if thier stock... anyways they where going to confiscate my car for a month but after asking them a couple of times they told me to go and that they will fine me for the vehicle being loud and that it will be confiscated soon :@ talked to one of my friends at the police and said that he may cancel the fine... hope everything turns out alright

hope u enjoyed reading lol
Bro, welcome 2 the UAE hahahaha, they dont know the difference between a denali and a vtc, but wierd, i use to have a yukon denali '06 and it had cams and heads and idled like it was judgment day and no1 stopped me. It seemed they realised that the guys buy family cars and turn in into a MF beast.
allah y3eenk bro
Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by uae_83
Bro, welcome 2 the UAE hahahaha, they dont know the difference between a denali and a vtc, but wierd, i use to have a yukon denali '06 and it had cams and heads and idled like it was judgment day and no1 stopped me. It seemed they realised that the guys buy family cars and turn in into a MF beast.
allah y3eenk bro
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rules change everyday.. when people starting purchasing those sierras and removing the muffler they really went too far... so they started being strict.. the thing is i had a stock exhaust haha