THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Stupid young punk rookie cops

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I've had a few, I don't care what kind of cop you are, I'll agree with anything. I'll do the whole yes-no sir, . . . yes you're right, ok . . I'm sorry . . .whatever it takes to keep me inside of the truck and not out walking the line, or the pin test.

most of the time, if you decide to take a ticket to court, they'll try and post your court time when he/she's on shift, if they're out, it'll get dismissed or at the worst DD. Either way it's getting removed. Or if you're really good, get deferred, -meaning pay the ticket in full . . . be good for 60-90 days and its removed.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it highway patrol and in Kingfisher County? If so, go talk to Ard Gates (the DA) and tell him you drive at your job and you have to have a clear record and he will take it off and pry bump the fine down...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Teching In

10 over won't go on your record at least. I've always just paid 'em
Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thiems
Was it highway patrol and in Kingfisher County? If so, go talk to Ard Gates (the DA) and tell him you drive at your job and you have to have a clear record and he will take it off and pry bump the fine down...

it was the almight barney fife hennessey pd...

anyone know what that DI school consists of?
Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DozerDan
anyone know what that DI school consists of?
Take an online course, that is what I did. You can do like 10 min a time or sit down and take the whole thing. It was really easy.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Like dlh said...a cops gets paid to write tickets. But, maybe you can get off with it.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

just go to court here and town and say no contest and they will make you pay it but it will be deferred and will not be on a your record..been there done that..when rayburn chased me down after my few quick 100+ plus runs on the outside of town open header..he finally caught up with me and i gotta nice ticket..went to court and they just deferred it
Old 06-15-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

I say go to court. Rule of thumb is ALWAYS take a ticket to court. They may knock it down to a non moving violation, cop not show up, not have proper certification paperwork for the radar. There are a lot of things that can go in your favor. Especially if the guy was a rookie, someone who doesn't know how to properly use a radar gun can clock a telephone pole at 100 mph. Obviously it is very hard to make a telephone pole go that fast. He was probably looking for an excuse to give a dui and after pulling you over decided he didn't have enough probable cause.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say buy Rodney Walker (hennessey chief) a case and he'll probably rub it out. But here's something i heard i'd like to check on.
A girl at work said that If you over pay the ticket by like 5 bucks and mail it in they almost never complete the paper work because they don't want to cut you a check for 5 bucks. So they just let it sit in the file till its gone. She said she's done this twice and the checks still haven't hit the bank. But i'm skeptic.

as far as this one goes, i'd take it to court and tell them you were not only NOT going 55 but you were also entering a 55. I'd imagine they'll drop it. Alot of times they are just happy to get the court fee. I just hate that even if its not your fault you still have to pay a court fee.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

were exsactly did he pull you over?? if it was close to dollars racin shop im sure you can get away with it

Quick Reply: Stupid young punk rookie cops