THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Stylin concepts cover truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Stylin concepts cover truck

Alright guys heres the deal. i got permission to repost this topic but we CANNOT bash on stylin concepts. fact is they are a compeditavely priced company with awesome customer service. if you bash this thread will be deleted again

with that said...i just got the new stylin concepts catalog and this was the truck on the front

i guess im getting too picky after seeing all the clean *** trucks on these forums but the front clip made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. the front bumper is crooked, the turn signals dont fit right and the billet grille looks like it was made & installed by ray charles i cant beleave whoevers truck this is spent all that money on a badass paintjob and cheaped out on things as small as a billet grille($50). i also figured an aftermarket distributer as large as stylin concepts would be more picky when chosing a truck to put their name on. any one else feel as i do??? remember...NO BASHING STYLIN
Old 02-13-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

front end is photoshopped. still could have spent 30 more minutes lining everything up right.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont like the paint job.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

front end does looked chopped.. and those lights look like they dont fit very well to begin with, not builder error. but your right.. with that paint job, why not spend more time on detail.

and your also right.. why would they put that on the cover of their mags? always pays to have a good editor
Old 02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

mmm, cow catcher bumper, MOOOOOO
Old 02-13-2006, 04:16 PM

where do yall see evidence of photochop?? im sitting here looking at the full size version and cant find it. the smaller pic dosent do it justice. the flaws in the large version stands out bigtime
Old 02-13-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

look at the billet. it dont even look like it belongs there. i think the lights are chopped to.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its not chopped than when tht thing hits a bump parts will be a-flyin'. Nothing is lining up right... the grill looks fake, thats what i thought at first as well to make me come to the conlusion that its photo shopped...

and yes, its an expensive paint job.. but i am not one for the graphic look.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:38 PM

the thing that gets me is you cant see the grille shell behind it and on the larger version you can se shadow on the grey plastic. ugly either way

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
I dont like the paint job.
you may not like the design but you cant deny that they dropped a fat nickle on it and whoever painted it did a slick job. you can see the reflection of the car next to it like a mirror im not huge on crazy paint either.

it drives me crazy to see how people will go into such detail on a project and skimp out on the cheapest mods, or to align a panel that would take no more than 30 minutes to fix. i definately like the older stylin cover truck better
Old 02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn I could ahve sworn I replied to this thread last night

Yeah that reminds me of the Truckin' magazine cover truck from a month or so ago the maroon one with its picture taken in front of the San Jac monument. The ss bumper cover was all out of wask and it was still a cover truck makes be

Quick Reply: Stylin concepts cover truck