THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

sumeria

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man, when they wear 3000 suits, rolex watch, and ride in a limo longer then my house, something is not right.
when you watch tv and the preacher say Moses droped to his knees and prayed to jesus,
it's time to change the channel.
ask where did kane get his wife, oh in the land of nod.
alright if adam and eve only had 3 sons where did the bitch come from.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PappyDan
hey man, when they wear 3000 suits, rolex watch, and ride in a limo longer then my house, something is not right.
when you watch tv and the preacher say Moses droped to his knees and prayed to jesus,
it's time to change the channel.
ask where did kane get his wife, oh in the land of nod.
alright if adam and eve only had 3 sons where did the bitch come from.
Well, if you read the Bible and historical information, they had more kids then that, start reading the boring he begat she, the begat another he, goes on for chapters on end. A few where all that were mentioned, for teaching value. You have to remeber, even historically, the average persons life span were several hundred years. If you research a little history you will find that there was many reports of people having children at 150 years old. There is perfect biblical reasoning for it, that is scientifically backed.

OK, now is where I am going to say I am not going to argue about it. I am a christian, baptist at that. I have gone to church since birth and graduated from a christian private school. I am not better then anyone else here, that is not my point in saying that, just that I will give you what I was taught through school.

Here are the Biblical and scientific facts, that you can research. These are my beliefs, feel free to share your own.

Before the time of the flood, there was a layer of water around the earth. This layer acted as a second ozone, a filter, and created an earth to be an o3 (oxygen 3 parts)enviroment rather then a o2 (oxygen 2 parts) enviroment as it is now. If you research a o3 environment you will see everything will live longer and grows bigger in such. Lungs needed to keep a person or animal alive would be tiny. In fact, they have grown trees and fruit in these environmental setups that have grown massive. If you research lizards and similiar reptiles, they never stop growing. In an o2 environment, they grow for around 100 years then die, so if they were allowed to grow for hundreds of years, they would be massive. So I believe dinosaurs still roam the earth. Also, the average person would be considered a giant by todays standards, if you research the skeletal remains that are found, they are usually greater then 9 ft tall.

If you don't beleive dinosaurs still exists, ever heard of the lockness monster? Look up the great sea monster found in the 80's by a Chinese fishing boat. There is so little know about the deep water that they are constantly find new things. The just found some 500 new species of fish 2 years ago. Also, in the said o3 enviroment, you almost don't need to breathe, there would be a strong possibility of more animals that would be to walk the earth, that now only can survive in water.

The bible speaks that all creatures and tribes, know that he is real. It doesn't say how they know, and given some of the crude methods they had for keeping records, through the years things could be changed or altered from exact fact. So who is to say, that they are not speaking the same truths I believe, just slightly different. Also, many times, God met with people, if he did so, why would he not share a vast amount of knowledge with these people.

There is also mentioned a time, when it was no longer right for brother and sister to be together. So at one time, it was ok for brother and sister to procreate, ok wierd thought, but biblical.

One last biblical thing, and I will just follow to answering questions as I am able. The bible clearly states that at one point, all land was one piece. Everyone spoke the same language, and essentually lived together. The king at the time, decided to assend into the heavens, so he had a great tower built, known as the tower of babel. Man started trying to be a god, so God created different languages to cause mass confussion. God ordered that the people of similiar languages join together and depart from the tower. As they departed, there was a great earthquake that caused all the different continents. This would prove reason, why the beliefs thorough out the tribes so far apart are so similar in pattern and belief.

Now all that said, throw in a bit more of what the bible says, and a dash of what other cultures believe. If some qreat destruction happens every 2000 years, and this planet comes through every 2000 years. Scientist say that couldn't be possible because it would pull the earth to the sun. The bible says, next time the earth will be destroyed, will be by fire. So wouldn't that all make since? Also, the bible says God created the Heavens and the Earth. Wouldn't that suggest there is a strong possibility for life somewhere else?

I will continue as long as this doesn't become a personal, moral, or religious bash. Everyone is entitled to their views (thats even biblical). Don't expect to change my mind, and I don't expect to change yours. I will happy share their views, and I am interested in where this will go.

Last edited by cttandy; 06-13-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

I want to ad, that my reply is in no way a jab at papydan. He finally made a comment that got me interested enough to comment, that is all.

I fully respect everyone's views here, no matter my personal beliefs. I would like to keep this discussion open and going.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda weird we are talking about this but hey So far majority of the people that are members of this site are mature enough to deal with it.

I can respect that cttandy.
We know for a fact that the continents used to be connected and as time goes on they move further and further away due to the movement of the tectonic plates. I just always found it amazing the people would believe in this God from Heaven but totally dismiss Aliens who are also from the sky.

I've seen amazing things in the sky at night. When I was in elementary I was laying on the hood of my moms car staring at the stars and one of them shot to the right, left, right in a z shaped pattern and then zoomed out of site. This amazed me to say the least. So I do believe it is HIGHLY possible that the GOD everyone speaks of is just a more advanced civilization and we are likely just an experiment.
But who knows. It's just amazing that we have religious wars and millions of people die in the name of a God and if you really get down to the bottom of things. It's all the same god.
We have the ability to create life in test tubes, clone animals that are extinct, and travel into space. Why is it so far fetched that another civilization did the same?

I like the fact that there are people on here that are open minded and not crazed religious fanatics that believe every word in a book that was created by man and has been manipulated throughout decades to fit our lifestyles and benefit the church.

There is no answer. just fun educated guesses (some not so educated) to knock around. Why start wars over it? If you don't like someone for something they did and you are supposedly christian then forgive them like your supposed to and let them do what they want. Don't bother the government trying to get laws in place to stop something you don't like.

I was talking to a friend of mine today about buying a boat and some rules and what not we would have. He said "you know, the common sense stuff". Which I found funny because it is not common anymore. "common sense" is now a rarity. Those of us who have it should cherish it.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Some religion are peace and love. Some religions are hate and destruction. I think that is were a lot of the wars fall. Because of their religion, they suddenly feel they are better then everyone.

In school, we studied other religions. That is the outlook I have with this. I find it interesting how different people look at things.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Tribe Shaman

it is the knowing and understaning that some turn a deff ear too.
never talk politics, relegon, or how much you make an hour.
most have no idea when jesus became holy, or who made him holy.
all they know is to repent, beleave in him, and your place in heaven is set.
and it is like the laws of god have no more meaning, they are just their, my sins
can be cast away and im going to heaven.
when you read the book of moses, god was not so forgiving.
like already stated at the tower again god was not so forgiving.
not only was the king struck, so were the slaves too that built the tower.
then along comes jesus, it does not matter any more, just dip your head in water and wash away your sins, repent and all will be forgiven.
the bible even has UFO's in it.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PappyDan
it is the knowing and understaning that some turn a deff ear too.
never talk politics, relegon, or how much you make an hour.
most have no idea when jesus became holy, or who made him holy.
all they know is to repent, beleave in him, and your place in heaven is set.
and it is like the laws of god have no more meaning, they are just their, my sins
can be cast away and im going to heaven.
when you read the book of moses, god was not so forgiving.
like already stated at the tower again god was not so forgiving.
not only was the king struck, so were the slaves too that built the tower.
then along comes jesus, it does not matter any more, just dip your head in water and wash away your sins, repent and all will be forgiven.
the bible even has UFO's in it.
Actually, the true Catholic Bible has more chapters in Psalms (iirc), and it speaks of huge dragons and other things.

I don't believe an alien put us here, but I don't doubt there are some that might have visited us a few times.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey....... It even takes "faith" to be an athiest.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Hey....... It even takes "faith" to be an athiest.
Poeple say they don't, but they do.

You must believe the words by a man that denied everything on his death bed. It takes more faith to believe that 2 random atoms bumped into each other and created everything we now know. There is no scientific proof to support it, in fact there is a lot of proof against it.

Now that, that is out of the way, can we get back to the subject at hand. Keep this less religious and more historic. I think that was going pretty well until the pathetic and offensive attempt at a joke got posted. I would appreciate it (as I am sure others would) if a mod would please remove that post.

edit - Thank you mods!

Last edited by cttandy; 06-15-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Where's the Beef?

Thank the mods and the people that posted with common sense and those that didn't come in with stuff that would start some trouble.

One of the MAIN reasons I come to this site is because the regulars are MATURE and INTELLIG4NT.... well... i'm cutting a few of you some slack there but your welcome.

Please Post up any more historical stuff you guys are interested in.

As far as a lot of HUGE animals that are in a lot of old time fables and such. I would not doubt that they existed. After all, the human race is best at destroying other creatures. If that was the case there wouldn't be a lot of remains left because we would have used most of the animal including bone in some cases.