THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Talk about a crappy day.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk about a crappy day.

Around 3:30 or 4 this afternoon, sitting at work I get a whole **** load of emails. I go to check what it is, and There are 58 new messages from ebay listing cars for sale under my Ebay ID. Somehow some ********** hacked my ebay account and they tried to change my ebay email address and password. In the matter of minutes they racked up over 3K $$$$ worth of sellers fees in my name. I couldn't get ahold of anyone at Ebay. I was finally able to get ahold of someone at paypal and and got that suspended and they also helped me out getting ahold of Ebay. Right now my ebay account is under Ebay's control and all the listings have been withdrawn and fee's deleted. But still that **** pisses me off.

Once all that **** was figured out, I get home and was cleaning my truck up. I was polishing up my billet antenna and the damn thing snapped right the **** off. At the base no less. It was damn brittle, I don't know if someone had been messing with it or if I had hit a bird with it or something and cracked it. I have done that before.

Anyone ever replace the antenna base. I looked at it, **** looks like you have to remove the damn fender just to get to it.

I'm tellin ya, sometimes it just doesn't pay to get outta bed.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

i've had that **** happen to me a couple time on ebay...they're usually pretty good about getting everything under control...

I don't know about these new truck and replacing the antenna, but on my 88 it was a bitch. i don't remember how i did it but i remember it being a bitch. no fender removal though
Old 03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, they shut everything down for me last night and restored my account and everything was removed.

I think I found a write up how to change the antenna base and it doesn't seem that difficult.