THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Test of Faith

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious if the mother is now a non-believer since the disease didn't cure on it's own. Maybe somebody upstairs needs to brush up on their repair ability for beta cells in the pancreas. Or I wonder if she's going with the 'it was meant to be' argument.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:47 AM
I hate my cats

I'm a Christian, but I think God gives you a brain to think with, and gives doctors the knowledge to heal sick kids. Very, very stupid people there.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha this thread is gonna get me in trouble.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thiems
I'm curious if the mother is now a non-believer since the disease didn't cure on it's own. Maybe somebody upstairs needs to brush up on their repair ability for beta cells in the pancreas. Or I wonder if she's going with the 'it was meant to be' argument.
I think he was busy not stopping a Natural Disaster the day the professor went over that in class.

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Haha this thread is gonna get me in trouble.
You and me both. I'm just gonna try to stay on the topic at hand about stupidity and not go too deep into the religious part of it.
I encourage everyone to do the same. we have a couple of those threads already.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:13 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread could be bad news but I just want to say one thing here...

This is my favorite part...
It is about trusting in God. We either believe in God's word or we don't.
I'm more agnostic than atheist but I enjoy hearing people describe what "God" says or following in "his" words. Everything in the Bible is a recollection or a 2nd hand version (at a minimum) of what supposedly happened. Anyone ever play the telephone game? You say one thing to someone else then they repeat it to someone else and after 10-15 times the last person says it out loud for everyone to hear and you see how much it's changed from the original version.
In reality nobody knows what "his" words really are, we just choose to ignore the origin of religious books, all of them not just pointing at one in specific.
Don't mean to offend anyone, just stating an opinion of mine!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by viciousknid
It's about the idiots that believe praying is going to fix everything or that hold up hate signs at funerals because they don't like how the person lived.
All of the Nutjobs out there that read whats in a bible and think its up to them to control how other people live.

Those are usually people with very low IQ's and no common sense.

Pissed off Christian: "hey buddy, we're Christian's and we don't like what you said"
Bill Hicks: "Then Forgive me".
Understand these people who are stupid about not getting simple treatment for their children and the idiots who protest funerals are radicals. Don't get them confused with common sense people with "faith" and believe in god.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Spoolin
This thread could be bad news but I just want to say one thing here...

This is my favorite part...

I'm more agnostic than atheist but I enjoy hearing people describe what "God" says or following in "his" words. Everything in the Bible is a recollection or a 2nd hand version (at a minimum) of what supposedly happened. Anyone ever play the telephone game? You say one thing to someone else then they repeat it to someone else and after 10-15 times the last person says it out loud for everyone to hear and you see how much it's changed from the original version.
In reality nobody knows what "his" words really are, we just choose to ignore the origin of religious books, all of them not just pointing at one in specific.
Don't mean to offend anyone, just stating an opinion of mine!
Exactly! Not to mention the bible was originally written in Hebrew and then translated to English. Try translating 2000 year old Hebrew to modern English and see how far you get.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
Understand these people who are stupid about not getting simple treatment for their children and the idiots who protest funerals are radicals. Don't get them confused with common sense people with "faith" and believe in god.
Very good point and is something I hope a lot of people make note of.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
Originally Posted by PathfinderJr
Very good point and is something I hope a lot of people make note of.
So where does george bush fall into that?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

I wonder if God would rather people volunteered at a soup kitchen for an hour instead of them going to church for an hour. It seems pretty arrogant and self-absorbed to want people to come to your "house" and praise you every 7th day.

I know if I was the all-knowing being and creator I would have people out there planting a damn tree or fixing an old man's house.

Quick Reply: Test of Faith