THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Texas Mile????

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 11:30 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on doing it in march, my truck should be done by then and running right I hope. These events come twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. There's also one of these events on the east coast although I can't remember where it is exactly for those of you who want to do it back east.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I plan on doing it in march, my truck should be done by then and running right I hope. These events come twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. There's also one of these events on the east coast although I can't remember where it is exactly for those of you who want to do it back east.
Tour de le spoolin???? I hope that slow poke is done by then! I guess it will be worth the wait. Have you talked to that homo? Any news or updates on what it's gonna be or when?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:28 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm probably gonna do the one out in the Mojave desert, not the Texas one, then again who knows...
I talked to him last time I was home, I caught that pervert checking bore diameter of the lifters with his pecker, sick ****. I would need to use the cylinders but that's beside the point!
Short block should be done by the time I get home in Mid september...(fingers crossed)
Old 08-24-2010, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'm probably gonna do the one out in the Mojave desert, not the Texas one, then again who knows...
I talked to him last time I was home, I caught that pervert checking bore diameter of the lifters with his pecker, sick ****. I would need to use the cylinders but that's beside the point!
Short block should be done by the time I get home in Mid september...(fingers crossed)
I guess its gonna be a short stroke
Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vschmole
i guess its gonna be a short stroke
ftmfw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

I think this would be a blast! I have been thinking about doing this one of these years, just need to build something worthy of running. Like others, I am fearful of losing body panels!! Fastest I have been in the truck is only 140 mph.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ap2002
I think the fastest mile truck was a red turbo lightning that is a member on here that ran 19x mph last year, and i read somewhere that flaco wil be going and try to break 200+mph this year in one of his trucks....
Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
i believe the red lightning goes by the name "SS THIS".
he's from houston if i remeber correctly.
192mph to be exact and yes his UN is SS THIS. Here's the vid he posted on RGV...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB77-VUNt_g
Old 10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
8 Second Club

sorry guys i have not been on the forum much...with all this traveling ...LSX shootout,
Pinks all out (which we will be on tv...) and now this...we have been very busy, but we will be out there in the standing mile to try to go 200mph...

i have changed the motor on lil sis to a 427 and a billet 88 from the previous 180+ mile run on mexico..hehe

i am still running a 3.42 gear but this time with a 295/65/15 DR tire which should put me at about 206 at the top of 3rd with the converter locked at 7300 or so with 150-200 rpm slippige on the converter..

so we should have plenty of gear to run all out..if incase i do run out of gear, well there is always 4th gear...

see yall there if you go, come by the trailer and say hi..

Flaco
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Just a bump to see who all is still going? Who's participating?

If anyone needs any kind of assistance at all, I'll be down there with Louis from GSS Speedshop. Just look for the trailer!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Hope you hit your numbers Flaco. I know you're set up pretty well support-wise, but if you need any assistance, swing on by. Louis will be set up to do alignment adjustments, etc.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile????