THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Texas Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:38 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should've had this law back when Bush was an alcoholic.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Colby 04
Bottom line, public intoxication is against the law, ....
Not sure if things have changed, but when I lived in Montana, public intoxication was NOT against the law, and drunks were quite common on the street, as some eastern news reporters grumbled. Reason: alcoholism is a disease, and you don't put people in jail for being sick, as long as they are not doing something (like driving a car) which would be hazardous to others. It may be different now though.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Yea i went to Chilifest this weekend and i couldnt count how many TABC agents, State troopers, County sherrifs were out there. I saw a lot of people pulled over! It was insane cuz they were really cracking down! Then again, there probly was a world record set in college station this weekend for beer consumption.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off...Texas isn't a state..it's a country. LOL Making their own rules there is pretty easy.

The public intoxication was meant for disorderly folks. DISORDERLY! A menance to society. The problem is just as Dylan06SS puts it. The great "emotional" design of most laws are stretched further and further as time goes on. Before you know it, your getting arrested for having a 4th beer within the three hour max 3 drink limit law that was just created.

And it's total BS that the cops are just upholding the law cuz that's what they are sworn to do. 3 family members of mine are cops and I have 2 that are detention gaurds. They will tell you, they are half of the problem. The laws weren't designed to harass the public, and they're some room for interpertation to the law. It's the interpertation that gets out of hand. You find me a cop who won't admit that he would treat one situation different depending on what "mood" he was in and you sir have just found a cop who lies.

I am all for laws and public/societal structure. But it is getting bad...it's like the F-ing IRS tax code. It has so many repairs and patches that you need a freaking doctorate to understand it all and by the time you get your diploma there is more changes that you need to refresh on. It's not on purpose either, I understand...most laws are "feel good" laws and knee jerk reactions to something that just happened. Problem is we lose one more ounce of our freedoms everytime that knee jerks. This **** would stop if they made the judicial branch the final sign off on any law. As it stands politicians are in charge of what's right and wrong at least in the beginning. You have to take your case to the Supreme court to argue it. BS I tell ya!!!

Okay..I am done ranting for now. This message has been brought to you by Stick it to the man Society of America! LOL
Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Yea i went to Chilifest this weekend and i couldnt count how many TABC agents, State troopers, County sherrifs were out there. I saw a lot of people pulled over! It was insane cuz they were really cracking down! Then again, there probly was a world record set in college station this weekend for beer consumption.
Damn I wanted to go to that this year.......hell, I've wanted to go every year, but never get the chance. I'm about 40 minutes from College Station and I don't know how far from Snook. Is it worth the trip?
Old 04-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Damn I wanted to go to that this year.......hell, I've wanted to go every year, but never get the chance. I'm about 40 minutes from College Station and I don't know how far from Snook. Is it worth the trip?

Holy Hell man! It was awesome. I wasnt on a chili cooking team so we got there saturday morning and you couldnt walk 3 feet without stepping on a beer can! We were sitting outside the gates waiting for them to open and the Copenhagen girls walked by in white T-shirts, tightass jeans and PHUCKIN CHAPS. It was hotter than hell out there but the music was damn good and it was said that there was more than 100,000 people there. Snook is about 8-10 miles out of College Station. Actually just get on University and youll run right into snook. We didnt stay for long but Cross Canadian Ragweed always puts on a good show so we stuck around for them. Everybody was trashed and the cops knew it! I personally counted 10 people pulled over on the way home. Anyways, back on topic.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Holy Hell man! It was awesome. I wasnt on a chili cooking team so we got there saturday morning and you couldnt walk 3 feet without stepping on a beer can! We were sitting outside the gates waiting for them to open and the Copenhagen girls walked by in white T-shirts, tightass jeans and PHUCKIN CHAPS. It was hotter than hell out there but the music was damn good and it was said that there was more than 100,000 people there. Snook is about 8-10 miles out of College Station. Actually just get on University and youll run right into snook. We didnt stay for long but Cross Canadian Ragweed always puts on a good show so we stuck around for them. Everybody was trashed and the cops knew it! I personally counted 10 people pulled over on the way home. Anyways, back on topic.
I was sold right there

I'm definately going next year
Old 04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Sexy Party Mod

I was sold right there

I'm definately going next year
Yea dood, They were SMOKIN hott. I mean everybody stopped talking and stared at them sexy thangs. It was like a hush fell over the group i was with. lol. Ill let you know and hopefully ill be on a "cookoff team" (designated beer drinkers) Next year!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Yea dood, They were SMOKIN hott. I mean everybody stopped talking and stared at them sexy thangs. It was like a hush fell over the group i was with. lol. Ill let you know and hopefully ill be on a "cookoff team" (designated beer drinkers) Next year!

I'm game
Old 04-04-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
The public intoxication was meant for disorderly folks. DISORDERLY! A menance to society. The problem is just as Dylan06SS puts it. The great "emotional" design of most laws are stretched further and further as time goes on. Before you know it, your getting arrested for having a 4th beer within the three hour max 3 drink limit law that was just created.
That's really the issue. All laws were made with some sort of purpose and require some interpretation to be effective. I mean if you're drunk in a bar to the point of not knowing your own name, but minding your own business and not disturbing anyone and definitely not driving then you technically could be arrested because you ARE intoxicated in public. Should you be? Hell no that's not what that law was made for! Someone at some point has to use their brain, that's why we have the judicial branch of the government. However I'm sure the extra ticket revenue isn't hurting anyone's bottom line either but that's another issue entirely.