THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ticket for 'exhibition of speed'

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol at thiems talking about busy intersections.....this site has a street racing forum! I don't think you'll win too much fans on here playing that card. Now, fsc or gmfullsize will ban you for even saying the words street and racing together.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:43 PM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

dont pull the idk card cus ignorance of the law is no excuse, you should have no problem stating your case i always get a chance to explain myself and believe me ive had a bazillion tickets, just tell em your truck will barely spin the tires and you took off cus you looked up and the light was green so you were suprised and took off hard next thing you know the cop is behind you, being in the military and a clean driving record should help you out, even though my military ID never got me outta chit
Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I've spoken with a couple attorneys that deal with exhibition of speed often, and they generally agree that it is a vague law and is not difficult to get them reduced. I've got two appointments next week for free consultations to see what we can do.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool, hope you get it reduced......... Can you make a couple of vids of your truck to see how it runs?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by jhe2003
cool, hope you get it reduced......... Can you make a couple of vids of your truck to see how it runs?
Sure thing. Give me a couple weeks though. I'm getting the tune dialed in right now. Have some issues with tranny shift points and pulling timing...
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ignorance of the law is no excuse.
You took a driving course to get your license, pret the ty sure Peeling Out wasn't covered because it's illegal.
It doesn't say in the book not to drive backwards down the highway but I can guarantee you'll get a ticket for that too.
Just pay the ticket.

Edit: I got stopped for chirping a tire around a corner once and he wrote me for Reckless driving IIRC
Old 05-06-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
ignorance of the law is no excuse.
You took a driving course to get your license, pret the ty sure Peeling Out wasn't covered because it's illegal.
It doesn't say in the book not to drive backwards down the highway but I can guarantee you'll get a ticket for that too.
Just pay the ticket.

Edit: I got stopped for chirping a tire around a corner once and he wrote me for Reckless driving IIRC
Reckless driving in most states is a misdemeanor. If you just pay the ticket you now have a criminal record.

"Just pay the ticket" is poor advice.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Mod with training wheels

If they want to play the technicality game, I can play it right back. This is why I am fortunate to live in America.
Something tells me after that cop stopped you for something as simple as chirping a tire that you didn't accept the citation with a smile on your face...
Old 05-06-2010, 07:18 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a bullshit ticket.

We cant win, the police are all hurting for money, so they write as many tickets as they can these days.

Bullshit if you ask me.

My tax dollars pay for the road, damn straight im gonna peel out on the ****** if i want. ( RANT!!!!)
Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by TIM Z
What a bullshit ticket.

We cant win, the police are all hurting for money, so they write as many tickets as they can these days.

Bullshit if you ask me.

My tax dollars pay for the road, damn straight im gonna peel out on the ****** if i want. ( RANT!!!!)
Haha thanks. Someone who really knows where I'm coming from!

Quick Reply: Ticket for 'exhibition of speed'