THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ticket for 'exhibition of speed'

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
Agreed. There was no ill intent whatsoever. I had my military ID out when I got pulled over, but I wasn't flashing it. Maybe when I go to court I'll mention my career in the Air Force, and hope for some leniency.

So I've never done this before.. Is there a time where they'll give me a minute or two to speak my case so I'm not defenseless when I get there?
GO IN UNIFORM, works every time. I had a buddy (recently dumbass LT) that got out of a DUI that way.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Where's a good place to find one of those $50 traffic ticket lawyers?

I got a quote today from a lawyer that was actually kind of funny, he said..."we're like supermodels, we don't get out of bed for less than $1000."
Old 05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Launching!

I got a quote today from a lawyer that was actually kind of funny, he said..."we're like supermodels, we don't get out of bed for less than $1000."
you mean GET INTO BED FOR LESS THAN $1000? Right? hahahah damn expensive *** supermodel/hooker
Old 05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you have a code on the ticket or anything that identifies the legal code for which you were charged? I did some Google'ing, and I think that "exhibition of speed" is a class 3 (c) misdemeanor. It's not a simple traffic ticket (civil infarction). Still, $1000 is way too high. Should be more like 1/4 of that or less.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Do you have a code on the ticket or anything that identifies the legal code for which you were charged? I did some Google'ing, and I think that "exhibition of speed" is a class 3 (c) misdemeanor. It's not a simple traffic ticket (civil infarction). Still, $1000 is way too high. Should be more like 1/4 of that or less.
It's ARS 28-708A. I know its not a simple ticket, but I'm hoping it gets reduced. From what I've heard, the statues seem to assume the worst case scenario and the sentence is often way lighter than what they could be.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Put all your torque management back in and go up there and prove to them the truck wont even spin the tires from a stop.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Mod with training wheels

Lol watch, I'd go to the trouble and they'd just drop the case. shiiiit
Old 05-13-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

I got arreseted for this once. The female officer, pulled me twice, after receiveing ticket #1. After I left out, I got pulled again with about 9 backups out of the blue. Charge was endangerment of officer. She said some pebbles kicked up when i chirped out, hit her, and her car.

**** happens in small towns. I was out on bail few hrs later, lawyer, charges plead down for some community service hours. Just shut your mouth, and go by your way as nothing even happened.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Mod with training wheels

Although the other people in my truck were (jokingly) saying I should burn 'em while pulling away from the cop car, I didn't. And wouldn't under any circumstance.
I talked to a buddy who got this same ticket not 2 months ago, and he said since his prior record was clean, they let him off with just traffic school. No points, no extra fines. Just paid for traffic school and that was it. So I'm hoping they do the same for me.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Yea I did traffic school a few times too. My record is clean & have low insurance with the geico.

Quick Reply: Ticket for 'exhibition of speed'