THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Tony Stewart kills another racer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 565 Likes on 487 Posts

You guys must be blind, watch the rear wheels move towards the left. And left is towards the infield and away from the guy on the track. He's trying to get around him, he almost got hit by the first car moving past him.

Sad that he died but it's his own fault for being a dumb *** and wanting to throw a fit on the track with passing cars. Pretty sure one the first rules in racing is to not leave your car and go after someone.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFDP
...Pretty sure one the first rules in racing is to not leave your car and go after someone.
Hasn't Tony done just that not long ago? Who was that guy that he had an altercation maybe a yr back? Good driver or not, I think he's a hothead.

This woulda never happened if kid stayed in car, but also if Tony didn't do that (goose it). At that very time he goosed it, accidentally, to scare or not.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-10-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You guys must be blind, watch the rear wheels move towards the left. And left is towards the infield and away from the guy on the track. He's trying to get around him, he almost got hit by the first car moving past him.

Sad that he died but it's his own fault for being a dumb *** and wanting to throw a fit on the track with passing cars. Pretty sure one the first rules in racing is to not leave your car and go after someone.
This.....

Extremely unfortunate but it looks like Stewart tried to avoid him. In the end it looks like the 20yr old's emotions and poor judgement cost him his own life.

That's why you wait till you're in the pits and duke it out!!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

WHEN HE GOOSED THE THROTTLE THE CAR WENT AWAY FROM THE GUY...... Are you guys not seeing that??????

I love how everyone calls into question his past etc... Every driver gets pissed about getting out into the wall, it's the nature of the beast. Hothead or not, I doubt he'd intentionally run into/over someone. He's got too much on the line and knows there's cameras that don't blink. I just don't see him doing that.

It kills me when something like this takes place and everyone takes off running trying to burn someone at the stake.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 565 Likes on 487 Posts

It doesnt matter if he has done it or not, tons of people have. This 20 year old was just hot headed himself and wanted people know right away he wasnt happy instead of in the pits.

If it was the number 45 car that hit the kid then this wouldnt even be on the news
Old 08-10-2014, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesnt matter if he has done it or not, tons of people have. This 20 year old was just hot headed himself and wanted people know right away he wasnt happy instead of in the pits.

If it was the number 45 car that hit the kid then this wouldnt even be on the news
How many people get run over outside their car each year? I would be surprised if this weren't the first. Looks to me like he was trying to spray or just plain old scare him. Same behavior many of us do at the dunes or dirt track on quads or dirt bikes.

Last edited by gamble686; 08-10-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:12 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Im watching from a phone. Sure looks like the *** kicked to the right to me.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
Im watching from a phone. Sure looks like the *** kicked to the right to me.
kicked to the right? You better watch it again. the rear of the car slides toward the center of the track (to the left)
Old 08-10-2014, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tony Stewart didn't kill that kid, guns did.

On a serious note, I don't know why his dumbass got out of the car. I'm not a racer but I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to get out if you're in danger of dying in the car...
Old 08-10-2014, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just watched the video Gadgetized posted, IMO the kid got what he deserved. unfortunately it was his life. he was looking for a fight and he paid the price

Quick Reply: Tony Stewart kills another racer.