THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Took my DD out for some tactical driving...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Blown 427 LSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my DD out for some tactical driving...

As some of you know, i have a bodyguard training course, and in it we do tactical driving with bobby ore...

Here is just a short clip of me doing a reverse 180 with my marauder today at the track. My driving intructor Bobby Ore had a 3 day class the weekend and I went out and helped him instruct for a couple of days... first day i forgot to bring my camera, and then today it ran out of batteries, but i did get one good video... i have a few more of this same proceedure i will post later...

anyways, here ya go...

Old 07-13-2008, 07:13 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looked good but can you do that going the opposite direction
Old 07-13-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like a blast man.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Blown 427 LSX

Bill, it is easy to do it going forward... just grip the E brake and spin it around... and take offffffff!!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

The execution was slick. I liked how the wheels were just turned far enuff. The nose didn't get all squirrely nor overtravel. I'm saying it stayed in a straight line. Put u in the movies for stunt driving.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Blown 427 LSX

My execution was pretty good, thanks... i could have gone a little faster, but oh well... anyways I have been doing this for over 10 years... if my damn camera didnt die in the camera i would have posted some box turns, (sliding into a space between 2 cars), some bootleggers turns, and some drifting...

I only did the Jturn above in my DD... the rest is too hard on tires, and those suckers on my ride are $$... i use the track cars most of the time.

Stunt driving is a tough industry to get into, and I am already so established in my own line of work...

BTW - has anyone seen the new Dark Knight preview on TV? (new batman movie)...

well the LONGEST chase scene in movie history is in that film... 12 minutes long, which is ridiculous, anyways... at the end on the preview you see a huge tractor trailer do a flip up in the air... IT IS REAL AND NOT CGI... they did it in downtown chicago, I met the stunt driver that did the flip... they used a 9 foot long, 6 foot wide NITROGEN cannon with 200 TONS of compression to flip that beast over... other than having cables secure the rig to the trailer, the truck was unmodified (except for the cannon in the back)... he had to do the stunt in down town chicago and only had 60 feet of roadway to do it...

so when you see the movie, just know it is REAL and NOT CGI BS... BTW his name is Jimmy and he is a helluva nice guy... i chatted with him all weekend during the course
Old 07-13-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Really cool. What's a bootlegger?

I love car chases. So, I'll be seeing that. Plus, I like the Batman stuff. Chicago is crowded, so that's quite the trick.
IIRC, the previous long car chase was Bullitt. But then again, I've also got both Gone in 60 sec.( new & old). I just like cars in movies, & I just cringe when they destroy a musclecar!

Of course, hot chics in movies too!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

man thats pretty slick maneuver. the only things i can do in my dirt track car is drift sideways through a corner at 60-65mph and when i do spin out in the corners ill get on the gas and spin the car completely around and only lose 2-3 positions sometimes
Old 07-14-2008, 04:01 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Schweeettttt!!!! Can I go next? I wanna try it with the Prom Queen!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Blown 427 LSX

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Schweeettttt!!!! Can I go next? I wanna try it with the Prom Queen!
here is a longer version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_KsFQ3xzyo

and NO you cant even sit in the prom queen little bro...

JK

Quick Reply: Took my DD out for some tactical driving...