THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Took my FE Exam...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghostcustoms
Yah a lot of our Electrical Engineers said it was hard(thermo and other stuff)
I feel bad for the electrical's... I swear they are taught the least on that test
Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol...the EE's had their own section though....I almost took the general becuase all the math questions off the bat were easy but it got more difficult so I just bit the bullet...lol...we shall see...luckily i already have a job so it doesnt matter either way if I pass or fail...SOme of my friends its a requirement and they forgot to sign up and now they can have the job but have to retake it in Oct. and if they fail they lose thier job..DOH! no pressure there..
Old 04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Made in South Korea

Funny thing is to get a job interning as a ME you have to sell your soul to hell, the floating glass plant...
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

What industry are you guys all working in where you HAVE to take the FE exam to get a job? Facility design or something? I never took the exam, because I didn't see the need. Besides, in order to take the PE exam you have to work under PE for certain amount of time (varries by state) and most industries don't require a PE.

All civils need to take the FE exam IMO. If you're responsible for putting a roof over my head or a bridge under my feet, then you need to know your ****.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

No one cares about the FE when your hired..but in 5 years if you take/pass the PE then your supposed to get $10K more on your salary....
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
What industry are you guys all working in where you HAVE to take the FE exam to get a job? Facility design or something? I never took the exam, because I didn't see the need. Besides, in order to take the PE exam you have to work under PE for certain amount of time (varries by state) and most industries don't require a PE.

All civils need to take the FE exam IMO. If you're responsible for putting a roof over my head or a bridge under my feet, then you need to know your ****.
I don't need it for the job I have. That said, what better time to take it then when all those equations are fresh in your head. Plus you never know when it you may want your PE and this gets you one step closer
Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

my girlfriend took the FE last weekend too. she's civil as well. she's the smart one in the relationship.