THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

train horns...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default train horns...

i was wondering where the guys that have train horns have bought them from...i would like to get a complete kit but there are so many damn choices i wanted some feedback...if anyone has any input to help me out please lemme know...thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ht=train+horns

If you search the forum for Train Horns there's a couple other threads that may interest you. Just posting that one since it was the first one I came across that had some feedback.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 PM
something else

my friend got his horns, complete set, off of ebay, then got a Viair compressor and a 3 gallon tank from a truck site, I can find out all of the info if intrested. I think he spent about 600 for everything. but the compressor is hevy duty.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevytruck
my friend got his horns, complete set, off of ebay, then got a Viair compressor and a 3 gallon tank from a truck site, I can find out all of the info if intrested. I think he spent about 600 for everything. but the compressor is hevy duty.
Is he one of the guys driving around OC during the cruisin shows blastin the horn in the middle of the night!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:32 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Check with 04Denali and Spoolin, they both had/have horns that'd scare the crap out of a freight engineer!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by viciousknid
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ht=train+horns

If you search the forum for Train Horns there's a couple other threads that may interest you. Just posting that one since it was the first one I came across that had some feedback.
thanks for the help buddy...ive searched but again i just wanted to have an updated info on this seeing there are new and better things everyday...and i dont wanna dig an old thread up either(in the sense of bumping it up)...tryin to see where ppl have mounted and stuff like that...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my kit from Cold Fusion Nitrous, hooked it up and it worked great...for about 6 months, then the compressor took a crap on me. I met the guy that owns Hornblasters, and he said it was the way I had it hooked up that caused what happened. After that, I grabbed a compressor/tank combo, mounted it in front of the drivers side rear wheel, and the horns are attached the the torsionn bar crossmember. Everything works fine, and its loud as hell. I can post some pics tomorrow night.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
I got my kit from Cold Fusion Nitrous, hooked it up and it worked great...for about 6 months, then the compressor took a crap on me. I met the guy that owns Hornblasters, and he said it was the way I had it hooked up that caused what happened. After that, I grabbed a compressor/tank combo, mounted it in front of the drivers side rear wheel, and the horns are attached the the torsionn bar crossmember. Everything works fine, and its loud as hell. I can post some pics tomorrow night.
cool man i would appreciate that!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a system run on nitrogen/C02 that requires no compressor and can fit in the wheel well
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Blown 427 LSX

www.hornblasters.com that is where spoolin got his set... i got my truck set from my local truck accessory shop... my set for my marauder i am getting from the above site...

Quick Reply: train horns...