THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

For the true dog lovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texasglock23
Pm me, an call me. Typing sucks!
Ah I dont think I have your number

On another note, the Green Tripe should be here next week. I guess I should wait another week or two before I start feeding him this
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on my phone...long conversations suck.

I will critique...
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ducky
Critique my first week:

1 Turkey Leg 1/4 in the AM
1-2 boiled eggs during the day
Bowl of Pureed: Carrott, Celery, Apple, Big spoon of yogurt mixed together.

It's only been 5 days, and he is looking skinny. I guess its his body changing to the diet
There is not enough meat/protein in there if you ask me. Why not the chicken backs or chicken frames? Are you feeding 2-3% of his weight?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is not enough meat/protein in there if you ask me. Why not the chicken backs or chicken frames? Are you feeding 2-3% of his weight?
Damnit I don't know why I said Turkey leg.

What I meant to say was 1 Chicken Leg 1/4 in the AM. I was reading to only feed them chicken once, not just that, but to only do chicen for the first couple of weeks. What other proteins can I add that aren't other meats?

Its roughly 1.5-2lbs of food. I am just running out of ideas for the first couple of weeks feeding
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I only fed chicken backs for the first two weeks, or close to that. They did fine...then I introduced the blends. I wouldn't add too much protein that isn't meat, unless you go with some sort of supplement, but you don't need to.

Peanut Butter comes to mind, but as stated, stick to foods. Give the dog some raw meaty bones.

What is the co-op you speak of?

My dogs get one chicken back and portion of the blend in the AM, and two chicken backs at night. I toss them hard boiled eggs from time to time, and also RMB's. Maybe every two days, sometimes three.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I only fed chicken backs for the first two weeks, or close to that. They did fine...then I introduced the blends. I wouldn't add too much protein that isn't meat, unless you go with some sort of supplement, but you don't need to.

Peanut Butter comes to mind, but as stated, stick to foods. Give the dog some raw meaty bones.

What is the co-op you speak of?

My dogs get one chicken back and portion of the blend in the AM, and two chicken backs at night. I toss them hard boiled eggs from time to time, and also RMB's. Maybe every two days, sometimes three.
My Green Tripe will be here next Tuesday so maybe at the end of the 2 weeks I will start that blend in the evening.

I live down in Austin, and I found out they actually have there own Raw Fed Co-Op
Austin (TX) Raw Feeders' Coop - Welcome!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

No dogs **** too much when they are fed the blends at night, I got tired of waking up at 2-3-4-5 am to take them out, they now get it in the morning and chicken at night. Plus they are more active during the day.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I need to find a group like that, so I can get in on rabbit and things of that nature.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No dogs **** too much when they are fed the blends at night, I got tired of waking up at 2-3-4-5 am to take them out, they now get it in the morning and chicken at night. Plus they are more active during the day.
I'll probably introduce the tripe after the 3rd week. Next weekend I will start the raw meat etc.

I need to find a group like that, so I can get in on rabbit and things of that nature.
Once they update me on the email list ill check out what they have. Im pretty excited to see that most of the going rate seems to be .29-.59 a pound
Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Co-Ops | Prey Model Raw

DogAware.com: Raw Dog Food Co-ops and Local Groups

Quick Reply: For the true dog lovers