THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

For the true dog lovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mid day snack

yogurt, strawberries, bananas, stick in ice tray and freeze

Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is a stupid question, but how long can I leave ground beef and chicken leg quarters in baggies in the fridge.

Lately I have been doing 5ish days in the fridge, and the other stuff I freeze. Should I bring that down to 3 days in the fridge?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i have an american bulldog (scott) and it's scarry how identical my dog looks like the one pictured above lol.
i love my dogs, but this is just too damn much work! kibble is so easy and convenient. i feed blue buffalo to my AB that has sensitive skin and stomache. he does great on it.

Stew I remember his baby pics when you first got him. He's still stunning.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ducky
I know this is a stupid question, but how long can I leave ground beef and chicken leg quarters in baggies in the fridge.

Lately I have been doing 5ish days in the fridge, and the other stuff I freeze. Should I bring that down to 3 days in the fridge?
that's too long, we had trouble too when we were maxed out of space. I finally had to toss some frozen food out that I knew we would not eat. 1-2 is ok, 2-3 is pushing it, but dogs can deal with food better than humans, 3-4 would be too long imo, even for dogs.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasglock23
that's too long, we had trouble too when we were maxed out of space. I finally had to toss some frozen food out that I knew we would not eat. 1-2 is ok, 2-3 is pushing it, but dogs can deal with food better than humans, 3-4 would be too long imo, even for dogs.
Ah ok good call. I was unsure of timespan. I can usually eat boneless skinless chicken if its in a baggie in my fridge after 3-4 days, wasnt sure about the dogs.

I just picked up 10lbs of green tripe from Texas Tripe, I was unsure if I shoulda tipped the driver or not lol
Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you really? Congrats, I still have not used the tripe, been meaning to! I never tip them, why would you?

From what I read, no more than 2-3 tops, but I have to admit, my **** sat for 4-5 days, but I had NO choice at that point. I had NO space in any of my refrigerator freezers or stand up!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you really? Congrats, I still have not used the tripe, been meaning to! I never tip them, why would you?

From what I read, no more than 2-3 tops, but I have to admit, my **** sat for 4-5 days, but I had NO choice at that point. I had NO space in any of my refrigerator freezers or stand up!
I am going to try it next week when I get home. **** stinksss though. haha he just sat there and stared at me after I got it. I was like "uh I think I prepaid, am I all set" He just stared and said "yep..." I chuckled and was like "ok cool...have a good day" Thats why I asked if I was supposed to tip haha

After these last couple chicken 1/4s ill do 3-4 days max. Dont want to take chances with salmonella
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never did, was it a drop off? Like a bunch of people there? or just you? I am lost...
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never did, was it a drop off? Like a bunch of people there? or just you? I am lost...
Yeah it was a drop off in Round Rock. Dude pulled up in a big truck, started handing boxes to the people that ordered stuff. He stood on the back of the truck like i needed to tip him for driving or something.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, wow. Never had that happen...Owner is a good dude from what I hear

Quick Reply: For the true dog lovers