THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

For the true dog lovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not use kibble, just go cold turkey, imo. The purpose is to detox them. Be prepares for them getting sick. They will have the *****, and may vomit some **** up for the first week. Body isn't used to it, it is all fine. If the color is yellow, it is an empty stomach and they are most likely hungry. If it is more of a white with a "froth" to it, means they drank too much too fast. But do google all the symptoms so that you are in the knowing. And it is going to take quite a bit of chicken. About 40 lbs for a month, give or take.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Search and see what people are saying about feeding both raw and kibble. I can't help you there, I just feed BARF. Dogs have not been on kibble since that first day we started this.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a good point. I have probably half a week left of purina left. Ill probably stock up, finish that bag, and then go ahead and transition. 12-24 hours of fasting, then the chicken backs for a week, then the green tripe starting a couple of days before the weekend. So I can really monitor him over the weekend.

Ill probably start the introduction of raw fruits and veggies now, to see how the stomach agrees with them. Apples, celery, etc.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

make sure to give them one at a time, and wait a day before the next one. Some dogs take to them, so do not. One of my dogs can only eat a few carrots, then it makes her ****!

DESEED the apples, and get rid of all the stem! Carrots are the best imo, but they also love celery. Bananas are their all time favorite. I buy those big *** KONG rubber toys, and I add chicken broth inside and cap it off with peanut butter and freeze, or put yogurt, bananas, strawberry etc, cap it off with peanut butter and freeze. It's a good mid day snack, or stick it in their crate if you are crate training, give them something to take the focus while you are gone.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do I have to get the chicken backs from Texas Tripe or can I go to like a local meat market and pick some up?

Originally Posted by texasglock23
make sure to give them one at a time, and wait a day before the next one. Some dogs take to them, so do not. One of my dogs can only eat a few carrots, then it makes her ****!

DESEED the apples, and get rid of all the stem! Carrots are the best imo, but they also love celery. Bananas are their all time favorite. I buy those big *** KONG rubber toys, and I add chicken broth inside and cap it off with peanut butter and freeze, or put yogurt, bananas, strawberry etc, cap it off with peanut butter and freeze. It's a good mid day snack, or stick it in their crate if you are crate training, give them something to take the focus while you are gone.
Yeah I like that kong idea a lot
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can go anywhere, price it out. I don't know if he has a drop near you. I pay $20 or $22 for 40lbs of chicken backs
Old 02-10-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasglock23
You can go anywhere, price it out. I don't know if he has a drop near you. I pay $20 or $22 for 40lbs of chicken backs
There is one out in round rock by the IKEA off 35 im going to pick up the green tripe. Ill check some of the local meat markets here, since its not bleached or cleaned to the max like the big chain grocery stores around here.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i have an american bulldog (scott) and it's scarry how identical my dog looks like the one pictured above lol.
i love my dogs, but this is just too damn much work! kibble is so easy and convenient. i feed blue buffalo to my AB that has sensitive skin and stomache. he does great on it.

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
Good looking Dogs! As a bully lover, I thought you might like this..

Last edited by TXsilverado; 02-10-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

For those who say it is too much work, you really have no clue then! It is simple, seriously! I wouldn't lie to you...I am lazy...and I still get it done.'

Also, I don't see it being a "waste of time" to feed my dog healthier and keep its allergies down etc.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://static.photobucket.com/player...0-17-34-37.mp4

Quick Reply: For the true dog lovers