THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

the truth about retail auto parts stores

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Np bud, i was a Member a few years back, going over to iraq i didnt get on, lost my user name, figured i would re sign up and become active in my spare time, ive had a passion for nbs and nnbs trucks since i bought my first one at 18, i decided to re-sign up and i was pissed from work, so i ranted...
Old 08-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Always a fan of chinese knock off ebay turbos
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you were at the oreillys near my house. I was buying a fanbelt for my tundra. Guy wanted to know if it was 4wd.

They have **** listed as in stock, online. But not sure if they even sell it when I go to the store.

I had to buy a starter for my '03. The clerk started going through the brands; none of which I had ever heard of. I asked him with one he had experience with. The guy just gave me a blank stare.

I miss Standard Auto. Seems they only employ people like you.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Teching In

The website is a joke, dont use it for finding out if parts are in stock, its not accurate...

Ultima is decent for reman and new alternators and starters, comes with lifetime warranty

There are also easy secrets to get decent discounts at parts stores....

Especially if you dont mind running wix filters...

I hope you have better experiences in the future bud...
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The ONLY reason I use vatozone is due to their lifetime warranty on parts. Most of the parts I buy there are easy enoug to swap out myself so what the hell why not. Its just hard to deal with the morons some times. Unfortunately not everyone has the same passion as you.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Well if your going to do something, regardless of how long term, you should do it right and strive to be the best at it... I think youth these days struggle with that concept... Thats why i think we are destined as a society to fail.... Young people just dont give a ****, ive seen it in college... And thats supposed to be the group trying to suceed!! But thats another rant entirely.... Youth - the biggest epic fail
Old 08-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 772 Likes on 638 Posts

It's nice to see some one taking an interest and making an effort in the field they work in. Unfortunately in my area It's not the case.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha i totally understand. been a parts guy at dealership for 7 years and i've had my fair share of idiots. if i can't help you out i normally know which parts store in town would have it in stock and a reputable shop that could probably squeeze them into their schdule. old parts guy are the best, they look at you and tell you the original part numbers that came out decades ago. and managers normally are lazy asses that always ask their counter guys for help to find a part.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was part of the oreilly team for 2 years , after 6 months I was assistant manager
Not to brag but I knew my ****!!
I quit that job , due to the fact I was babysitting the Damm coworkers (women who knew nothing )
It's a great easy Job but when your co workers don't know a Damm thing it sucks ! I would be with a customer " then I hear '' Zach what's this " (she had a damm starter on counter)

About the customers there's your know it alls
And your don't know a Damm thing type lol
Old 08-08-2012, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't forget to say

"lowest price guaranteed" Lmfao

Quick Reply: the truth about retail auto parts stores