THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!
View Poll Results: which do topgear do you prefer?
original UK topgear
94.87%
U.S. topgear
5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

U.S. topgear vs. UK topgear (repost??)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uk version. If your an avid watcher of the original then you'll notice how much they blatantly copied it in the us version.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by brent5631
Uk version. If your an avid watcher of the original then you'll notice how much they blatantly copied it in the us version.
And how much they make fun of the US version.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UK top gear all the way. and the US top gear is made to copy the UK because its supposed to be the same top gear "format" as UK. Just like the Australian top gear is exactly the same as the UK version they just test a lot of Australian cars and have funnier ascents. For me the US version doesn't work because there is no feeling that the guys all know one another. The UK version, its obvious they are friends. They are always cracking jokes and having fun.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:45 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UK Top Gear - I could watch it almost endlessly (and at times, have).
US Top Gear - I stopped watching after the third episode, and I don't miss it at all. Tanner's a douche, the fat guy knows nothing about cars and isn't funny, and Adam Ferrara just doesn't belong on a car show.

You can tell that Clarkson, Hammond, and May are legitimate car guys, and just love cars whether the cameras are there or not. The US guys are just making a TV show.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DV2000NJ
US Top Gear - I stopped watching after the third episode, and I don't miss it at all. Tanner's a douche, the fat guy knows nothing about cars and isn't funny, and Adam Ferrara just doesn't belong on a car show.

You can tell that Clarkson, Hammond, and May are legitimate car guys, and just love cars whether the cameras are there or not. The US guys are just making a TV show.
X2, i couldn't of had said it better
Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

yupp.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

just watched about 4 or 5 episodes of UK version tonight... its great!!! its not too often that i can be mesmerized my a show like that. sitting on my couch by myself laughing out loud and completely entertained for an hour or four!

i made it about half way through one of the US episodes and havent watched a second of it since...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 PM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

Most of todays shows are stolen from the uk, top gear, the office, stories of the ER, etc. Anyway i like both versions and have laughed my *** off at both, but i enjoy just about every car show besides NASCAR and its getting harder to watch pinks cus rich is an idiot.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Perfect!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

The Car Show is to some degree copying the UK Topgear.

I will watch them, because there is little else I am interested in that comes on TV, but I had rather watch the UK version. Clarkson is an absolute jerk, and he gets treated like one. I love that.

At the same time, he doesn't put up with all the "green" people and their crap. He calls them out.

Quick Reply: U.S. topgear vs. UK topgear (repost??)