THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

UFC 114 what a crock

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry UFC 114 what a crock

The best fights was the prelims and the ones leading up to rashad, rampage.. WTF, there was no blood, but they were both being very causious.. Anyhow wth..
Old 05-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea that was garbage
Old 05-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Kinda like the any fight in the last 6 months with Silva...its just boring lol.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever since Rampage put Liddell to sleep in Pride (the first time), I have been a big fan. But Rampage isnt what he used to be. I knew this card was going to suck. The Light-heavy weight class has sucked for about 4-5 years.

Im ready to see GSP and Andersen fight. B?c GSP is the only guy who can put Silva down.

IMO, WEC has all the great fights.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zero2sixT

Im ready to see GSP and Andersen fight. B?c GSP is the only guy who can put Silva down.

What he said!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

What about Anderson Silva and Shogun?
Old 05-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever since Rampage put Liddell to sleep in Pride (the first time), I have been a big fan. But Rampage isnt what he used to be. I knew this card was going to suck. The Light-heavy weight class has sucked for about 4-5 years.

-IMO its all about "Gameplans" now in the UFC especially with the newer guys.If Rashad would have stood toe to toe with Quinton instead of doing his monkey dance/ imitating gsp then the Fans would have got what they paid for...Instead of Greg Jackson sitting ringside with a remote control ...Rampage barely touched him in the 3rd and you saw what happened...jmo

-I'l have to disagree...GSP is too small to muscle around Silva at 185...Chael Sonnen will be the one to beat Silva...and I don't even like him!

-The WEC does have great fights 135lb 145lb = good fights Just look at the Leonard/Kim fight...they have both gained alot of fans!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

gsp is great, but ill have to agree, i dont belive he can take silva, shogun vs. silva now that would be interesting. now that rashad has won hes moving on to fight shogun, shogun ftw.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I might be a little biased, but I think GSP could make the weight jump to middleweight. I think thats the only hope of beating Silva. That, or a carwreck...j/k. I don't think Shogun has the gas for Silva. Both he and his brother have been disappointing in the UFC, IMO.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rampag didnt KO Chuck, his corner threw the towel in after getting out woked for both rounds... the Light heavies have been much more exciting in the past 2-3 years then EVER before...

sorry i like GSP but he's too sdmall to make the jump to 185...

Originally Posted by scooter k
What about Anderson Silva and Shogun?
now this on the other hand wuld be a sick fight!!!

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
-IMO its all about "Gameplans" now in the UFC especially with the newer guys.If Rashad would have stood toe to toe with Quinton instead of doing his monkey dance/ imitating gsp then the Fans would have got what they paid for...Instead of Greg Jackson sitting ringside with a remote control ...Rampage barely touched him in the 3rd and you saw what happened...jmo

-I'l have to disagree...GSP is too small to muscle around Silva at 185...Chael Sonnen will be the one to beat Silva...and I don't even like him!

-The WEC does have great fights 135lb 145lb = good fights Just look at the Leonard/Kim fight...they have both gained alot of fans!
WERD... i knew Rashad was going to go in there with the same gameplan he use on Thiago, stay away frm the hands and use the speed he has. i wanted Rampage to win BUT i knew Rashad would use his speed to his advantage, also after all the **** talking he did i knew he wouldnt stand with Rampage. if u watch the primetime show on the second or third one were they have the phone conference Rampage an Rashad get in to a small arguement and atth end Rashad just smirked knowing that he was getting to Rampage and he knew he was gonna go in there an fight angry and smartly...

idk if Sonnen will be the one to take Anderson out, i definately think he has the wrestling andstrength to hold Anderson down but i think Anderson might go in there knowing that an hopefully KO him out before he can really take him down. BUT on the other hand Anderson doesnt respond well to fighters rushing him, look wat Maia did when he rushed him. he landed 3-4 good hits and looked lik he tagged him pretty decently. if Cheal can get a double or rush him enough to get hm tired he might get it... idk, but that will be an interesting fight nonetheless...

as of late the WEC has been putting some pretty damn goood cards together, but not to sday the smaller class fighters werent good till now but the just havent gotten much exposure. with more Garcia/Zombie-esque fights they will...

I might be a little biased, but I think GSP could make the weight jump to middleweight. I think thats the only hope of beating Silva. That, or a carwreck...j/k. I don't think Shogun has the gas for Silva. Both he and his brother have been disappointing in the UFC, IMO.
ur seriously overlooking Sonnen and Belfort!!! Shogun an Anderson would be a DREAM match up, Shogun has the striking to MAKE Anderson stand and trade with him...

who are u referring to when u said "Both he and his brother have been disappointing in the UFC" ??? not Shogun, Ninja ha never faught in the UFC. u might thinking of the Nogueira's...

-Rob

Quick Reply: UFC 114 what a crock