THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

UFC 114 what a crock

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
Rampag didnt KO Chuck, his corner threw the towel in after getting out woked for both rounds... the Light heavies have been much more exciting in the past 2-3 years then EVER before...

sorry i like GSP but he's too sdmall to make the jump to 185...

now this on the other hand wuld be a sick fight!!!

WERD... i knew Rashad was going to go in there with the same gameplan he use on Thiago, stay away frm the hands and use the speed he has. i wanted Rampage to win BUT i knew Rashad would use his speed to his advantage, also after all the **** talking he did i knew he wouldnt stand with Rampage. if u watch the primetime show on the second or third one were they have the phone conference Rampage an Rashad get in to a small arguement and atth end Rashad just smirked knowing that he was getting to Rampage and he knew he was gonna go in there an fight angry and smartly...

idk if Sonnen will be the one to take Anderson out, i definately think he has the wrestling andstrength to hold Anderson down but i think Anderson might go in there knowing that an hopefully KO him out before he can really take him down. BUT on the other hand Anderson doesnt respond well to fighters rushing him, look wat Maia did when he rushed him. he landed 3-4 good hits and looked lik he tagged him pretty decently. if Cheal can get a double or rush him enough to get hm tired he might get it... idk, but that will be an interesting fight nonetheless...

as of late the WEC has been putting some pretty damn goood cards together, but not to sday the smaller class fighters werent good till now but the just havent gotten much exposure. with more Garcia/Zombie-esque fights they will...

ur seriously overlooking Sonnen and Belfort!!! Shogun an Anderson would be a DREAM match up, Shogun has the striking to MAKE Anderson stand and trade with him...

who are u referring to when u said "Both he and his brother have been disappointing in the UFC" ??? not Shogun, Ninja ha never faught in the UFC. u might thinking of the Nogueira's...

-Rob

Yeah man, Chuck was KTFO. You are technically right. Rampage won with a TKO. And that was a million dollar towel they threw in, not just a towel....

U seriously think Chael Sonnen can beat Andersen Silva? Wow. Take that arguement to sherdog.com. Please post the link to the thread too, I want to read the responses. I don't think Sonnen could have beat Rich Franklin in his prime. I definately don't think he can beat Dan Henderson. Vitor Belfort? You take Belfort, I'll bet my house/trucks/dog on Andersen.

I thought I saw Ninja fight in the UFC. But you're right, he didn't. Shogun I know has fought, and hasn't looked anything like he was in PRIDE. How can you possibly put Shogun as a contender when he looked so bad against Forrest Griffen? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him win. I don't see that happening. Shogun doesn't look like he has the gas to fight Silva. I think Silva would make him look silly.

Man, Im sorry, the light-heavy weight class in the UFC sucks. Rashad Evans being a big name in the weight class proves my point.

I'm not trying to be a super-fan. I still think GSP could make the jump. I'm not saying it would be easy. It would be 15 lbs, but I bet he walks around heavier than his fighting weight.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont get why that if every fight isnt ending with a knock out now people think that the division is not stacked with the best fighters ever? Do they not understand that better quality fighters tend to not get knocked out every fight?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Yeah man, Chuck was KTFO. You are technically right. Rampage won with a TKO. And that was a million dollar towel they threw in, not just a towel....

U seriously think Chael Sonnen can beat Andersen Silva? Wow. Take that arguement to sherdog.com. Please post the link to the thread too, I want to read the responses. I don't think Sonnen could have beat Rich Franklin in his prime. I definately don't think he can beat Dan Henderson. Vitor Belfort? You take Belfort, I'll bet my house/trucks/dog on Andersen.

I thought I saw Ninja fight in the UFC. But you're right, he didn't. Shogun I know has fought, and hasn't looked anything like he was in PRIDE. How can you possibly put Shogun as a contender when he looked so bad against Forrest Griffen? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him win. I don't see that happening. Shogun doesn't look like he has the gas to fight Silva. I think Silva would make him look silly.

Man, Im sorry, the light-heavy weight class in the UFC sucks. Rashad Evans being a big name in the weight class proves my point.

I'm not trying to be a super-fan. I still think GSP could make the jump. I'm not saying it would be easy. It would be 15 lbs, but I bet he walks around heavier than his fighting weight.
there are already planty of threads on sherdog about Sonnen and Silva, and yes i'm not the only person that thinks he has a shot. i didnt say he would definately win i said i think he has a shot, also said that i didnt think Sonnen wuld be the one to dethrone Silva at 185. Sonnen vs. Rich in his "prime" (which he's not past imo) would be a good fight, but i dont think Rich has a wrestling to keep from being taken down by Sonnen. Henderson vs. Sonnen again would be a good fight Hendo would only need to land once with that heavy right but u saw wat Shields didnt to him, he got out-wrestled. Vitor has more speed then Anderson imo, yes Silva is extremely accurate but Vitor has his speed, power ad pretty good accuracy. also i think Anderson doesnt deal well with being chased by another great striker, not like Forrest(which i'm a big fan of) but someone with much better technique(Vitor)...

how is Shogun vs Anderson not a dream match!?!?! that fight would be sick!!! yes when Shogun first came in to the UFC he did look terrible against Forrest, but he came in with a 7-8 month lay off, he looked out of shape and had damaged knee and u can tell from the fight. not saying that Forrest didnt deserve the win or would have lost to Shogun now but if Forrest isnt knocked out he will have to be out worked in a fight he's a cardio machine and Shogun just didnt have the gas. but since then he has improved thru every fight, watch Rua vs. Machida 1. they went in there and had a WAR and ur willing to say that the Shogun that fought Machida for 5 rounds and then knocked him out in the rematch is the same Shogun that fought Griffen.?. no way... and speaking of the gas issue on Shogun vs. Anderson, watch Machida vs Shogun 1 and then watch Silva vs. Maia and u tell me who looks like they gassed around mid 2nd round...

i love watching GSP too, BUT i just dont see him being a force at 185. GSP is big at 170 and yes he definately walks around heavier then his fighting weight, **** look at Anthony Johnson he walks around at 215 if i remember correctly and he cuts all the way down to 170. but u compare him(GSP) to guys like Alen Belchar, Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt and Anderson Silva those guys are big at 185 and still have great speed, power and skills. thats why i think GSP couldnt make the jump, altho it would be interesting to see but eh doesnt really excite me.

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
i dont get why that if every fight isnt ending with a knock out now people think that the division is not stacked with the best fighters ever? Do they not understand that better quality fighters tend to not get knocked out every fight?
good point...

-Rob

Last edited by blkssncpt; 06-03-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
Yeah I have to agree with that also. One big reason why its hard not get burnt out on this sport, the fans. I can't stand watching a fight in public. Hearing every idiot in an Affliction shirt talk **** when a fight goes to the ground. Or when they start telling people they've been working on their "striking". Then you have the meatheads with nothing to lose, walking wide shouldered through the crowd.

Prime example of the types I'm talking about - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBv-Yd61hko

there are already planty of threads on sherdog about Sonnen and Silva, and yes i'm not the only person that thinks he has a shot. i didnt say he would definately win i said i think he has a shot, also said that i didnt think Sonnen wuld be the one to dethrone Silva at 185. Sonnen vs. Rich in his "prime" (which he's not past imo) would be a good fight, but i dont think Rich has a wrestling to keep from being taken down by Sonnen. Henderson vs. Sonnen again would be a good fight Hendo would only need to land once with that heavy right but u saw wat Shields didnt to him, he got out-wrestled. Vitor has more speed then Anderson imo, yes Silva is extremely accurate but Vitor has his speed, power ad pretty good accuracy. also i think Anderson doesnt deal well with being chased by another great striker, not like Forrest(which i'm a big fan of) but someone with much better technique(Vitor)...

how is Shogun vs Anderson not a dream match!?!?! that fight would be sick!!! yes when Shogun first came in to the UFC he did look terrible against Forrest, but he came in with a 7-8 month lay off, he looked out of shape and had damaged knee and u can tell from the fight. not saying that Forrest didnt deserve the win or would have lost to Shogun now but if Forrest isnt knocked out he will have to be out worked in a fight he's a cardio machine and Shogun just didnt have the gas. but since then he has improved thru every fight, watch Rua vs. Machida 1. they went in there and had a WAR and ur willing to say that the Shogun that fought Machida for 5 rounds and then knocked him out in the rematch is the same Shogun that fought Griffen.?. no way... and speaking of the gas issue on Shogun vs. Anderson, watch Machida vs Shogun 1 and then watch Silva vs. Maia and u tell me who looks like they gassed around mid 2nd round...

i love watching GSP too, BUT i just dont see him being a force at 185. GSP is big at 170 and yes he definately walks around heavier then his fighting weight, **** look at Anthony Johnson he walks around at 215 if i remember correctly and he cuts all the way down to 170. but u compare him(GSP) to guys like Alen Belchar, Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt and Anderson Silva those guys are big at 185 and still have great speed, power and skills. thats why i think GSP couldnt make the jump, altho it would be interesting to see but eh doesnt really excite me.

good point...

-Rob
Ok, you make a really strong case on Shogun. I was also glad to see him win that fight. I still have memories of domination in Pride. I thought he shouldve taken Machida earlier. IMO, BJJ > Karate. But it was great to see him get the win. You got me convinced, Id buy the PPV Shogun V Silva.

Man, haha, I am so biased against Sonnen, its hard to give him any credit. I think that guy is such a douchebag. I do want to see the fight. Just b/c I'd like to see him get his face re-arranged. I will agree with you a little bit. He does have a shot at winning a fight with Silva. That is only b/c I think anything can happen in a fight.

I don't want to disrespect Vitor. The man was awesome. I just don't think he could take Silva.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I have to agree with that also. One big reason why its hard not get burnt out on this sport, the fans. I can't stand watching a fight in public. Hearing every idiot in an Affliction shirt talk **** when a fight goes to the ground. Or when they start telling people they've been working on their "striking". Then you have the meatheads with nothing to lose, walking wide shouldered through the crowd.

Prime example of the types I'm talking about - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBv-Yd61hko

Ok, you make a really strong case on Shogun. I was also glad to see him win that fight. I still have memories of domination in Pride. I thought he shouldve taken Machida earlier. IMO, BJJ > Karate. But it was great to see him get the win. You got me convinced, Id buy the PPV Shogun V Silva.

Man, haha, I am so biased against Sonnen, its hard to give him any credit. I think that guy is such a douchebag. I do want to see the fight. Just b/c I'd like to see him get his face re-arranged. I will agree with you a little bit. He does have a shot at winning a fight with Silva. That is only b/c I think anything can happen in a fight.

I don't want to disrespect Vitor. The man was awesome. I just don't think he could take Silva.
FAIL cant watch youtube at work, will have to come back when i get home to watch the vid...

BUT yes i also think Sonnen is a douch, specially after calling the members of black house piglet tribe savages... f*cking idiot...

here's the wat he posted on his twitter couple days ago:
"Ed, pray to whatever Demon effigy you prance and dance in front of with your piglet tribe of savages that I decide not to CRUCIFY you." - Chael Sonnen

so yeah i think he's an idiot too and i dont really like him BUT he does have a chance in the fight, there's no way to discount his wrestling and grityness as a fighter...

idk i think Vitor can get Anderson, altho i think Vitor doesnt have a strong mind set when fighting sometimes in the past. seems lik he wilts under pressure and if Anderson knows any better he's gonna go in there and out on the pressure. BUT again seems lik vitor is in a better place with himself as of late so we'll see...

-Rob
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Made in South Korea

Went to the Q and A with Rogan, was actually better than the fight. He really does a good job defending White...

During the weigh in, the disrespect the crowd showed for Rashad was terrible, the booed till Rampage hit the stage.

The preliminaries were awesome, really did enjoy Little Nog! Looking forward to the next fights in Vegas, I get to go back.

The best was fan expo! Really well done and put together!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FAIL cant watch youtube at work, will have to come back when i get home to watch the vid...

BUT yes i also think Sonnen is a douch, specially after calling the members of black house piglet tribe savages... f*cking idiot...

here's the wat he posted on his twitter couple days ago:
"Ed, pray to whatever Demon effigy you prance and dance in front of with your piglet tribe of savages that I decide not to CRUCIFY you." - Chael Sonnen

so yeah i think he's an idiot too and i dont really like him BUT he does have a chance in the fight, there's no way to discount his wrestling and grityness as a fighter...

idk i think Vitor can get Anderson, altho i think Vitor doesnt have a strong mind set when fighting sometimes in the past. seems lik he wilts under pressure and if Anderson knows any better he's gonna go in there and out on the pressure. BUT again seems lik vitor is in a better place with himself as of late so we'll see...

-Rob
The vid is Joe Rogan owning a heckler at a comedy club. Pretty funny.

Wow, that guy is just a tad self-righteous huh? Its always nice to see him lose. I don't know who I can't stand more, Sonnen or Bisping. Both are collossal ********. Hendo gave Bisping his up and comings. I'd like to see Sonnen get his.

I heard a story a while back about Vitor. Something about his sister getting kidnapped and killed. And that he was never the same afterwards. I don't know if its true, but it kinda makes sense. That guy used to dominate.

Originally Posted by Snacktime
Went to the Q and A with Rogan, was actually better than the fight. He really does a good job defending White...

During the weigh in, the disrespect the crowd showed for Rashad was terrible, the booed till Rampage hit the stage.

The preliminaries were awesome, really did enjoy Little Nog! Looking forward to the next fights in Vegas, I get to go back.

The best was fan expo! Really well done and put together!
I bet that was. Its great what Rogan does and did for the sport. Fkn hilarious too.

Im no Rashad fan, but booing him is bs. Shows how dumb the crowd is.

The prelims are usually pretty damn good. Sucks the main events run so long lately, you dont get to see them. Did you see they showed them for free on Spike tho?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Made in South Korea

Wow, that guy is just a tad self-righteous huh? Its always nice to see him lose. I don't know who I can't stand more, Sonnen or Bisping. Both are collossal ********. Hendo gave Bisping his up and comings. I'd like to see Sonnen get his.

I heard a story a while back about Vitor. Something about his sister getting kidnapped and killed. And that he was never the same afterwards. I don't know if its true, but it kinda makes sense. That guy used to dominate.

I bet that was. Its great what Rogan does and did for the sport. Fkn hilarious too.

Im no Rashad fan, but booing him is bs. Shows how dumb the crowd is.

The prelims are usually pretty damn good. Sucks the main events run so long lately, you dont get to see them. Did you see they showed them for free on Spike tho?
Had tickets
Old 06-04-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah that story is true, a little after he won the LHW belt she was kidnapped because the kidnappers were in debt for drugs. They kidnapped her to get a ransom to pay off the drug debt, but could not get the ransom. They then killed her because she had seen their faces then like 4 years later some chick confessed to being one of the people who was in debt and helped kidnap and kill her to pay off some drug dealer. after her kidnap Vitor wasnt the same, understandably. but in the past year and a half or so he looks to have regained his focus and that killer instinct he showed early on in his career...

truely a sad story tho...

-Rob
Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 AM
12 Second Truck Club

yeah that story is true, a little after he won the LHW belt she was kidnapped because the kidnappers were in debt for drugs. They kidnapped her to get a ransom to pay off the drug debt, but could not get the ransom. They then killed her because she had seen their faces then like 4 years later some chick confessed to being one of the people who was in debt and helped kidnap and kill her to pay off some drug dealer. after her kidnap Vitor wasnt the same, understandably. but in the past year and a half or so he looks to have regained his focus and that killer instinct he showed early on in his career...

truely a sad story tho...

-Rob
I remember all of this when it was happening, glad im not Vitor and that **** sucks, but it probably wouldnt end pretty for the kidnappers and me.

btw, Chael Sonnen has been around for a pretty good while. The comment he made to Ed Soares stems from something deeper than what people understand.

Quick Reply: UFC 114 what a crock