THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Umpire blows call and ruins perfect game on the last out

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BLK WDO Very good point(s) **** happens, you can't control everything.

Mike I also I agree with you a bit. It is a new age of baseball, but I don't think the fans or the administrations want to take that next step. We all still sort of look at it as the old fashioned baseball played in the 70s and 80s. I'm only 22 and I love watching old films of the Cardinals back in the day. So if we had a challenge type deal then it would kind of take that drastic step that maybe not everyone is ready for. I don't know, just a thought. I stopped playing ball after highschool so I have never had that important of a call happen.

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
This would be completely different if Joyce was still supporting his call or claimed it was "too close to call". But he clearly stated multiple times, "I KICKED THE CALL". He has accepted all the blame for his mistake and he knows he was wrong, so why wouldn't Selig overturn the call? I'm sure Joyce would be thrilled if he did because it would take the load off his back. It just sounds like Selig is wanting to show how much power he's got by not changing it.
Well said Scott. I agree, Joyce feels terrible about it so they should have overturned it. It's all over now I guess.