THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

underage drinking on your property

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Isn't that law he is referring too called "Contributing to the deliquency of a MINOR"???
Old 01-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about down there, but I know around here, theres high school parties all the time with underage drinking, cops cant do jack as long as the kids are drinking on a the hosts property with there permission, but as soon as they walk off that property cops are all over them
Old 01-15-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i think he is thinking more on the lines of situations like these. i personally never threw a huge party when i was underage, so i never had to deal with it. i try to keep on the right side of the law. but this just seemed pretty odd to me and i was wondering if anyone had any info on it.

ive been to a couple parties where the cops did show up because of noise. they came into the house but they only made us pour out our beer and made threats. no one ever got in trouble.

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
I think the age thing doesn't matter. It's more about throwing the party on your property. Can they come in and give you any trouble without a warrant? I had a MASSIVE Christmas party once in my parent's farmhouse. I was 18. Cops had roadblocks set up on 2 of the 4 roads leaving the area (the 2 good ones), and they never came into the yard. Busted plenty of idiots leaving though.
Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
I dont know about down there, but I know around here, theres high school parties all the time with underage drinking, cops cant do jack as long as the kids are drinking on a the hosts property with there permission, but as soon as they walk off that property cops are all over them
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 PM
9 Second Club

I know I was visiting my dad in Houston and we went to a "Tex-Mex" restaurant..and he ordered a margarita, with his permission or whatever you want to call it I got to drink one (Being 16 yrs old at the time.) Thats pretty much a different situation, but I think your friend is on crack for thinking that .
Old 01-15-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Really?? Lets get real, cops can do whatever they want whenever they want.
It your word against theirs, they win always!! LOL
Old 01-15-2009, 11:35 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
+345353453245

Those lucky *****..
Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
I think your friend is on crack for thinking that .

thats what i told him. i said prove it.. but i figured i would turn to PT for a thread starter, while he is searching for proof.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
I think the age thing doesn't matter. It's more about throwing the party on your property. Can they come in and give you any trouble without a warrant? I had a MASSIVE Christmas party once in my parent's farmhouse. I was 18. Cops had roadblocks set up on 2 of the 4 roads leaving the area (the 2 good ones), and they never came into the yard. Busted plenty of idiots leaving though.
My guess would be that because it was a farmhouse it was likely not real close to any other neighbors so there wasn't any noise complaints but the cops had a pretty good hunch what was going on so they set up the road blocks.
Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
Incorrect. If the cops get a complaint then they can go on the property and they can start writing all the tickets they want. I got my MIP along these same lines. Several of my friends also got MIPs on different nights under similar circumstances. I unfortunately had to deal with cops all too often during college about alcohol related incidents at my house and at friend's houses.

Most people have a huge misconception that as long as you are on your property than you can do whatever the hell you want. Breaking the law is breaking the law and you can get a ticket/arrested for it regardless of where you are or where it happened.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Exactly, don't you remember their bumper-sticker? "We're the Police!" -We're the largest street gang in America! Some are cool, some you wouldn't wish to come in contact with your worst enemy!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Veteran

I had lots of house parties when i was underage, big ones when mom and dad went on vacation. If the police have"probable cause" you are screwed. Don't ever ask them to come in or open the door for them, thats like inviting in a vampire!!!!
That means if they even dream there is anythings they can get in on and start writing tickets for you are seriously screwed.

The main purpose of police is to propagate more police, and to do that they need revenue, end of story!!

PS, did your buddy hit his head at some point?? LOL

Last edited by TG02Z71; 01-16-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Quick Reply: underage drinking on your property