THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Unreasonable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Man this crap is getting ridiculous. I'd deff be for stricter classified restrictions at this point. Seeing way too many people getting ripped off lately.
I have been helping settle a couple that haven't been posted up in public. I am definitely contemplating some kind of new restrictions. I just don't understand why anyone who isn't a crook wouldn't settle a transaction as fast as possible AND keep communicating.

If you nagged him everyday then you can't file a claim fast enough in my opinion. Hell call his local PD and ask for someone to help you there as well. Just a phone call from them will help.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My partner and I invented a tool. we are working with a big company right now to setup manufacturing and distribution. These guys came highly recommended from a trusted friend. so far everything has been great, I like these guys.

I am waiting on a proposal, I was promised it would be here last thursday. Saturday rolls around, i send an email. no response. Today I call, straight to voicemail. Voicemail says hes out untill the 22nd.

WTF would he say I would have it last week and not deliver before a godamn 10 day vacation? I am supposed to have units ready for October and there is still things to negotiate

these guys are legit, no doubt.

My point is, there are snags here and there and they dont always mean something bad. **** happens, people get caught up.

filing a claim right away is a good way to CYA, I just wouldnt throw anyone under the bus yet.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 06sierra5.3
My partner and I invented a tool. we are working with a big company right now to setup manufacturing and distribution. These guys came highly recommended from a trusted friend. so far everything has been great, I like these guys.

I am waiting on a proposal, I was promised it would be here last thursday. Saturday rolls around, i send an email. no response. Today I call, straight to voicemail. Voicemail says hes out untill the 22nd.

WTF would he say I would have it last week and not deliver before a godamn 10 day vacation? I am supposed to have units ready for October and there is still things to negotiate

these guys are legit, no doubt.

My point is, there are snags here and there and they dont always mean something bad. **** happens, people get caught up.

filing a claim right away is a good way to CYA, I just wouldnt throw anyone under the bus yet.
big company versus a single person AND there is never a reason not to communicate vacation or any possible problems unless the problem is serious (death, injury, fire, wife left you, blah blah, or whatever). And then that person should understand someone (buyer) filing a complaint even if they had a real reason not to communicate. Since it is legit it will get solved, even paypal takes those things into consideration. The seller should be considerate of this IMO. And what's the worse? Buyer gets their money back and seller has to start over? Big deal IMO. I don't care, no reason not to communicate, ever. If there are snags, communicate them. If anybody (seller) goes silent after money has changed hands, it's BS every time. I just don't get it, if some one is willing to sell something then they should see it all the way through. If not, people shouldn't buy from them (or their company). Especially in this economy. Long story short, that's what trader ratings are for. If someone can't sell something and be half way normal in the transaction, report them so others can make a decision if they want to deal with them as well.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
big company versus a single person AND there is never a reason not to communicate vacation or any possible problems unless the problem is serious (death, injury, fire, wife left you, blah blah, or whatever). And then that person should understand someone (buyer) filing a complaint even if they had a real reason not to communicate. Since it is legit it will get solved, even paypal takes those things into consideration. The seller should be considerate of this IMO. And what's the worse? Buyer gets their money back and seller has to start over? Big deal IMO. I don't care, no reason not to communicate, ever. If there are snags, communicate them. If anybody (seller) goes silent after money has changed hands, it's BS every time. I just don't get it, if some one is willing to sell something then they should see it all the way through. If not, people shouldn't buy from them (or their company). Especially in this economy. Long story short, that's what trader ratings are for. If someone can't sell something and be half way normal in the transaction, report them so others can make a decision if they want to deal with them as well.
I agree completely! To suddenly stop communication the second I send money is crap. No excuse IMO. He's had a week to say anything. I
'm in no rush either, he could have said it would be a couple weeks and that would have ben fine. But to say nothing, no excuse. I for sure will do what I can to get my money back ASAP!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Much to my surprise, a large box was on my porch when I got home. Everything was there and I am now a happy camper. Dude was a horrible (non existent) communicator, but it got here.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:17 PM

awesome!