THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Unsafe speed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:38 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure, I agree, but what the heck is unsafe speed on a dry, clear day 5 mph UNDER the speed limit? Can that stick?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

They could say you were accelerating at an excessive rate, which would be unsafe no matter what speed you were going. That ticket is pretty much at the officers discretion, and his word vs yours.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:45 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

nothing is written on the ticket itself....it's computer generated and only states the code. No comment by the officer. I really only goosed it a little
Old 11-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Where's the Beef?

maybe that's his point. With that much power you need to drive faster. at those slow speeds the slightest increase in throttle could send you sliding all over the road.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u must have been doing all of 25 mph when u gunned it up to 30. excessive acceleration is a crime punishable by law mister. that sucks i remember a time when i still had a v6 in my truck and got an excessive acceleration ticket, musta been fast compared to the crown vic the cop was cruisin in.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Where's the Beef?

he likely just cut you a break. better than reckless driving i'd guess?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think he mostly wanted to see the new paint job- I wonder if he gave you that ticket knowing it would be thrown out? more to scare you or something. If he wanted to get you he could have gone with reckless driving and exhibition of speed
Old 11-15-2009, 09:47 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I don't argue that I could have avoided the whole situation by driving just a little less agressively

I am hoping i can get it toss out. I will take pictures of the road and explain my case. I like having no points on my license!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
how do you get a ticket for doing 5mph UNDER???
Impeding traffic.

Originally Posted by trever1t
stupid hag cut into my lane from the lane to the right and forced me to slam the brakes and when we made our left turn I jumped on it and lit them up at her window as I passed her...gave me a ticket for unsafe speed but noted I was going approx. 30 in a 35

He said I made an unsafe move but I assured him I was an experienced professional

Court day is going to cost me a days wage since they don't have night court, :wtf:
Experienced professional?!?
BTW, Night Court does exist; it's syndicated. Prolly on DVD too.

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Well hopefully you will scrape by with a 7 day vacation and not a permaban
Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Zing.
Exactly. I was crackin up when I read Scott quote.

sure, I agree, but what the heck is unsafe speed on a dry, clear day 5 mph UNDER the speed limit? Can that stick?
Maybe u need to be banned from PT to teach you a lesson bout being responsible. Will it stick? Give me number to call on ticket, I'll help w/. that.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

stupid hag cut into my lane from the lane to the right and forced me to slam the brakes and when we made our left turn I jumped on it and lit them up at her window as I passed her....probably made her crap her pants but phuk (see, I'm learning Viet) if there wasn't a cop on my ***....gave me a ticket for unsafe speed but noted I was going approx. 30 in a 35

He said I made an unsafe move but I assured him I was an experienced professional

Court day is going to cost me a days wage since they don't have night court, :wtf:
dont lie to us Bill............your vtech kicked in didn't it? lol

Quick Reply: Unsafe speed?