THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Unsafe speed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frito Bandito
...Maybe you should stop driving like an ***?
Agreed 100%.

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
hey Bill, I too did the same thing and got a ticket for it. Mine was actually for "Improper turning movement",...
That sounds like some made-up b.s. name.

Originally Posted by kbracing96
So, How many other times have you done stupid stuff and not been caught???..., I'd say you've gotten off easy!
I know I have. I woulda wrote him for reckless.

Bill, u really think that a single ticket puts you at risk of doubled insurance costs? I too was wonderin were u in your truck or your rental POS.

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
I got two speeding tickets in the same month my rates never went up.That was 3 years ago and I have no longer have any points on my record. ...
I think mine went up yrs ago, but it may have been just usual insurance rates scammin hard-workin people. Oops, I mean goin up.

Tony, 10 or so tickets? Do u have a bet between friends to see who can get the most?
Old 11-16-2009, 05:26 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

1 ticket is a buffer...i can pay it and go to traffic school but then I gotta stop driving like an *** for 18 months.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trever1t
...but then I gotta stop driving like an *** for 18 months.
For you, that'll be hard.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Tony, 10 or so tickets? Do u have a bet between friends to see who can get the most?
that's over the course of about 10 years, and probably a light estimate... Had a couple bad years and the bikes are magnets as well, as a testament to court though, 5 or so years ago i got a 63 in a 25 in East Tawas, fought it and got it reduced to a 1-5 over on I-75, 0 points
Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

ticket says 30 in a 35 ......fight it. it's all there in black and white.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Here, if you only have 1 ticket a year, you go to court and ask for driving school. You pay the court cost, ticket, and driving school few, and go about your business. Typical ticket is $150, court fee $75, and driving court is $150. Nothing on your record, insurance isn't notified.

Not real bad in the scheme of things. Plus, it is a real hoot to sit in court and listen to all the peoples excuses.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trever1t
1 ticket is a buffer...i can pay it and go to traffic school but then I gotta stop driving like an *** for 18 months.
Probably do you some good to un-*** yourself for 18 months.

Originally Posted by terravast4
ticket says 30 in a 35 ......fight it. it's all there in black and white.
He wasn't cited for speeding. Unsafe speed and speeding are two different offenses.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Always always take a ticket to court. Cops are people with jobs too. They are trying their best (at most times) to do a good job but just like normal people they can take it too far. Your job is to prove that in court, that your move didn't warrant a citation. And because cops are people, something may come up and they may not make the court date anyway. Easy out on that one. Everybody pushes the law and everybody has a different definition of wreckless or unsafe, even each police officer has a different take on a black and white law. That's why there is court, to make sure due process takes place if you so feel the need to explain your side. You have nothing to lose besides a day of pay and possibly a higher ticket cost due to no reduction and them tacking on court costs. A gamble that in my 23 court appearances was well worth it.

I have been ticket free since 2002 btw, before you start beating on me. All hail Valentine One!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
. A gamble that in my 23 court appearances was well worth it.

I have been ticket free since 2002 btw, before you start beating on me. All hail Valentine One!

23 thats impressive. I bet your insurance was high several years ago.

So valentine 1 is that good?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a suspended license once. I had a court date and the Navy called me back from my leave early. Couldn't make a court date so they suspended my license. Long story, I got it all worked out but it was pure hell for a bit.

Yeah, I think it is. Others may be good, I have never had anything other than the V1. Laser is your only enemy with any detector. Once it beeps that laser is near, near means it's on you. Same goes for "instant radar". I did have laser blockers that work pretty good but have since died. I imagine weather has finally taken its toll on them.

Quick Reply: Unsafe speed?