THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Welcome to Performance Trucks.net

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So basically LS1tech.com jus kicked us out????
Old 06-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, let me try to answer a few of your questions.

2000 SILVERADO - The other makes of trucks will have to find there way over here. The only userbase that was moved here was the GM/LS1Tech members. This site was not opened with any affiliation to any other trucks sites so there won't be any member moving for the other makes.

BobbyBa - Eventually we'll get some stickers/shirts but, for now just getting the site up and running and keeping any flames down will be priority. There will be lots of bugs show up I'm sure that will need fixing.

Start2Fabrication - One of the reasons this move was made was because the truck sections at LS1Tech were just getting too crowded. There were alot of things people wanted and adding a bunch of forums too LS1Tech wasn't the answer. No one has to visit any of the sections they don't want to and flame wars or trolling of other sections isn't going to be put up with so things should be pretty good.

TigerFan187 - Why not stick around and at least give it a chance? We weren't kicked off the main site but, in order to expand it was decided a new site would be best.

To everyone that is having reservations about the new site just give it a chance. Sure there will be Dodge, Ford, Nissan, etc guys over here. It doesn't mean you have to visit there sections does it? We're going to do our best to keep any flame wars and what not to a minimum. This site was not made for that but, a place where all truckers could come and talk about tech/performance stuff for there trucks. There is even a lounge where you can chill out and regional forums where you can plan local stuff and talk with people in your area. There is alot of new stuff here and I understand sometimes it takes a while to get used to new things so I ask that everyone just give it a chance before condemning the place.

If you need to sneak back to LS1Tech to search for something there is a "sponsor" banner to the right that you can click on and be right there. Heck just keep LS1Tech in one window and Performance Trucks in another.

Thanks everyone for the feedback good wishes.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like the new site. I always felt we were grudgingly tolerated at the old place in a sort of "you can choose your friends but you can't choose your relatives" sort of way. I think we'll all feel much more at home here once we get used to it. Change is always difficult.

As for the other makes, it remains to be seen whether that will be successful. Another site I used to visit was once dedicated to a certain brand of car, then decided to open up to other makes. So far it has gotten very little attention from the other brands. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the site is kinda nice. It is different and will take some getting use to. It has more forums to look at also. It will be interesting to see how things work out in the future with other truck brands coming in.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

I suggested a few format changes in another thread but other than that, I think the new site is a good idea. I lurk on other truck sites but rarely post as I feel out of place there. This will make for a good 'melting pot' so to speak for all truck entheuists. Plus with the proposed format change, it will allow those brand loyals to stay in their own section and not have to venture out and expand their knowledge on the other makes.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
This site was not made for that but, a place where all truckers could come and talk about tech/performance stuff for there trucks. There is even a lounge where you can chill out and regional forums where you can plan local stuff and talk with people in your area.
I thought this was exactly what Ls1tech.com was trying to get away from when it broke off from past sites; the extracuricular crap that has nothing to do with LS1 technical issues and their performance. It seams that is what its quickly moving towards, however.

I'm very dissappointed in the change. I've seen a lot of online forums come on the scene, grow to amazing proportions, and then die a painful death as the original intent of the forum is lost. I hate to see this happening to LS1tech.com because I thought I had finally found a site strictly dedicated to the performance aspects of my vehicles of choice.

oh ya, I vote we force all of the f-body guys with iron 6.0 blocks to come over to the "new and improved" truck forum and see how they like it
Old 06-27-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Hey guys, let me try to answer a few of your questions.

2000 SILVERADO - The other makes of trucks will have to find there way over here. The only userbase that was moved here was the GM/LS1Tech members. This site was not opened with any affiliation to any other trucks sites so there won't be any member moving for the other makes.

BobbyBa - Eventually we'll get some stickers/shirts but, for now just getting the site up and running and keeping any flames down will be priority. There will be lots of bugs show up I'm sure that will need fixing.

Start2Fabrication - One of the reasons this move was made was because the truck sections at LS1Tech were just getting too crowded. There were alot of things people wanted and adding a bunch of forums too LS1Tech wasn't the answer. No one has to visit any of the sections they don't want to and flame wars or trolling of other sections isn't going to be put up with so things should be pretty good.

TigerFan187 - Why not stick around and at least give it a chance? We weren't kicked off the main site but, in order to expand it was decided a new site would be best.

To everyone that is having reservations about the new site just give it a chance. Sure there will be Dodge, Ford, Nissan, etc guys over here. It doesn't mean you have to visit there sections does it? We're going to do our best to keep any flame wars and what not to a minimum. This site was not made for that but, a place where all truckers could come and talk about tech/performance stuff for there trucks. There is even a lounge where you can chill out and regional forums where you can plan local stuff and talk with people in your area. There is alot of new stuff here and I understand sometimes it takes a while to get used to new things so I ask that everyone just give it a chance before condemning the place.

If you need to sneak back to LS1Tech to search for something there is a "sponsor" banner to the right that you can click on and be right there. Heck just keep LS1Tech in one window and Performance Trucks in another.

Thanks everyone for the feedback good wishes.

All Im saying is that they really messed up by making this a all brand forum! It makes me laught that they actually put an affiliate of LS1tech.COM! Regardless if it had anything to do with it or not! People in higher places were getting fed up with the truck section. I know its only a internet forum but what used to be a prude tight virgin(LS1 and LS1 based motored vehicle discussion) has turned into a gapping crack *****(if it isnt a car welcome!-YUK!!)! Thanks for the help by the way my intake swap!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Hey guys we're SENIOR MEMBERS! haha thats cool. I finally get some love, I'm on here everyday, I just don't post alot.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck with the new site! I've recently started reading LS1Tech much more frequently; hope the attitude / people stay the same with the new format.

Just a suggestion.... I think this might work better if the main forum index were grouped by type of truck, i.e., you'd have a GM section and then all the GM forums underneath it, and so on for each brand of truck. This also significantly solves the issue of the folks who don't ever want to see anything about the other brands. I don't personally belong to that camp, but I'm guessing there are plenty who do.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
All Im saying is that they really messed up by making this a all brand forum! It makes me laught that they actually put an affiliate of LS1tech.COM! Regardless if it had anything to do with it or not! People in higher places were getting fed up with the truck section. I know its only a internet forum but what used to be a prude tight virgin(LS1 and LS1 based motored vehicle discussion) has turned into a gapping crack *****(if it isnt a car welcome!-YUK!!)! Thanks for the help by the way my intake swap!
I'm gonna have to ride with Tiger on this one. I'm thinking the "affiliate of LS1tech.com" was somewhat of a disclaimer to say the truck guys are still a "part of ls1tech". I think someone else posted up the question of if the Dodge Viper, Ford Mustang, etc. guys were going to get their own forum over at tech?

I have a question. This might have been answered somewhere else in the forum, but I didn't see it anywhere. If the sponsors want to get their ads here, will they have to pay extra for it? Is this truly a seperate forum?

Quick Reply: Welcome to Performance Trucks.net