THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Welcome to Performance Trucks.net

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Start2Fabrication
I thought this was exactly what Ls1tech.com was trying to get away from when it broke off from past sites; the extracuricular crap that has nothing to do with LS1 technical issues and their performance. It seams that is what its quickly moving towards, however.

I'm very dissappointed in the change. I've seen a lot of online forums come on the scene, grow to amazing proportions, and then die a painful death as the original intent of the forum is lost. I hate to see this happening to LS1tech.com because I thought I had finally found a site strictly dedicated to the performance aspects of my vehicles of choice.

oh ya, I vote we force all of the f-body guys with iron 6.0 blocks to come over to the "new and improved" truck forum and see how they like it
Do you see how much traffic the Lounge gets over on LS1Tech? NONE relative to other similiar sites. The same rules that go over there go here for this lounge. I doubt it will take away from the technical sections of the site. It's just there for guys to post non truck related stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere. I honestly think it will get similiar traffic numbers to the one on LS1Tech. This site is not about the lounge but, it is here because ALOT of respected members expressed there desire to have one.

This site is going to be dedicated to truck performance. It has all the truck sections from LS1Tech incorporated into it. They may be layed out a little different but, they're here. Nothing was lost in the move. If you are that against this site I don't guess there is anything I can do because the GM truck sections here aren't going to be moved back to LS1Tech now.

Not sure about your last statement.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Not sure about your last statement.
My last statement means that the truck and f-body performance forums are intertwined to the point that seperating them will only be bad for the long term.

I wish this forum the best, but I'm going to go looking for a place where I can talk shop without the multibrand and multiforum hassle
Old 06-27-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

My last statement means that the truck and f-body performance forums are intertwined to the point that seperating them will only be bad for the long term.
I agree. Without the F-body's and other cars with the Gen.III engines, our trucks probably would not have the performance market they have today. Lets face it, the interchangeability between the car and truck parts pushed GM trucks much farther into the performance scene. I think we should remember where we came from. The cars guys cracked all the tuning before our trucks came along. I think that this move may make it difficult for us truck guys to get technical help from other car guys. (nitrous, tuning, internals, all the tough stuff).
Old 06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Adkoonerstrator

I think you have that opposite though. It might not look good for the short term but, as this site grows and the knowledge base here grows things will get better in the long term. Half empty, half full perspectives?

The database on LS1Tech is huge no doubt and has lots of helpful info for the GM guys. It is still easily accessible.

I wish this forum the best, but I'm going to go looking for a place where I can talk shop without the multibrand and multiforum hassle
I never like to see anyone leave and honestly think it's a bit premature not even giving the place a chance before deciding but, it sounds like your mind is made up.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

You guys are forgetting two major points, at least in my opinion.

1. The tech knowledge is also in the members. YOU guys are an incredible source of wisdom, especially to the many newcomers you'll start seeing flood the site.

2. LS1Tech and PerformanceTrucks are still VERY closely related, and DIRECTLY connected. We're already tossing around ideas and suggestions on how to make that connection more direct and more easy to use.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know the supposed reason for this was becuase the traffic was getting too high but you would have thought instead of knocking off the truck guys they could have wiped out 1/3 of the other rooms that basiclly just take up space. At 1st I was thinking to myself that a number of the sponsors who make good money from us truck guys would be pissed about it since you have to go back to LS1tech.com for the sponor links(which I dont understand since what they supposodly WERE having trouble with was traffic) but then I realized the sponsors are gonna love this because thats just more people(Ford,Dodge,etc..) to give them buisness. Bottom line is LS1tech.com is a money making site and by starting this new " ***** of aTruck Site " should be really good for buisness so you cant blame them for that. So you ask when is LS1tech changing to performancecar.net with Mustangs,Vipers,and of course our favorite ricers? Dont plan on it! The thing that makes this so funny to me is so simple but it just shows you the amount of respect they had for us is the Picture of the 3 trucks at the top of the page with the Ford first then the Dodge and of course barely noticable the Chevy and then underneath actually saying a affiliate of LS1tech. The only reason that is there is becuase of the sponsors and no other reason! I cant wait to see what new rooms get opened in the coming weeks or months!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
You guys are forgetting two major points, at least in my opinion.

1. The tech knowledge is also in the members. YOU guys are an incredible source of wisdom, especially to the many newcomers you'll start seeing flood the site.

2. LS1Tech and PerformanceTrucks are still VERY closely related, and DIRECTLY connected. We're already tossing around ideas and suggestions on how to make that connection more direct and more easy to use.
The only way they are closely related is since you have to go back to ls1tech.com for the sponsor list and for the time being it still list the truck section even though it directs to a different site.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
I know the supposed reason for this was becuase the traffic was getting too high but you would have thought instead of knocking off the truck guys they could have wiped out 1/3 of the other rooms that basiclly just take up space. At 1st I was thinking to myself that a number of the sponsors who make good money from us truck guys would be pissed about it since you have to go back to LS1tech.com for the sponor links(which I dont understand since what they supposodly WERE having trouble with was traffic) but then I realized the sponsors are gonna love this because thats just more people(Ford,Dodge,etc..) to give them buisness. Bottom line is LS1tech.com is a money making site and by starting this new " ***** of aTruck Site " should be really good for buisness so you cant blame them for that. So you ask when is LS1tech changing to performancecar.net with Mustangs,Vipers,and of course our favorite ricers? Dont plan on it! The thing that makes this so funny to me is so simple but it just shows you the amount of respect they had for us is the Picture of the 3 trucks at the top of the page with the Ford first then the Dodge and of course barely noticable the Chevy and then underneath actually saying a affiliate of LS1tech. The only reason that is there is becuase of the sponsors and no other reason! I cant wait to see what new rooms get opened in the coming weeks or months!
Why can't everyone just understand that this site was started outta necessity? For one the truck sections were getting crowded at LS1Tech and what we really needed just wouldn't have worked out over there. This new space gives us much more room to expand. The other thing is this site is here to try and bring truck racing/performance to the level that LS1Tech has brought Fbody, GM trucks, and other LS1 powered vehicles to.

This site is an affiliate of LS1Tech quite literally. The userbase of LS1Tech and this site are the same. If you register here you are automatically registered there and vice versa. It is a first for an online forum to do something like this that I know of.

As far as sponsors, I'm sure many of the current Tech sponsors will be here and some will not. There will also be more truck only sponsors to join in the future I'm sure. It will be better for both the user and sponsor to have this truck dedicated site. One complaint I heard alot on LS1Tech was that the truck guys couldn't find which sponsors sold stuff for their truck. I don't think any sponsors that don't sell truck stuff will be here so no more wondering.

Give it a chance guys.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Launching!

It's nice, needs getting used to, but all pretty nice...
Old 06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Why can't everyone just understand that this site was started outta necessity? For one the truck sections were getting crowded at LS1Tech and what we really needed just wouldn't have worked out over there. This new space gives us much more room to expand. The other thing is this site is here to try and bring truck racing/performance to the level that LS1Tech has brought Fbody, GM trucks, and other LS1 powered vehicles to.

This site is an affiliate of LS1Tech quite literally. The userbase of LS1Tech and this site are the same. If you register here you are automatically registered there and vice versa. It is a first for an online forum to do something like this that I know of.

As far as sponsors, I'm sure many of the current Tech sponsors will be here and some will not. There will also be more truck only sponsors to join in the future I'm sure. It will be better for both the user and sponsor to have this truck dedicated site. One complaint I heard alot on LS1Tech was that the truck guys couldn't find which sponsors sold stuff for their truck. I don't think any sponsors that don't sell truck stuff will be here so no more wondering.

Give it a chance guys.

This is all Im saying is that yeah it is only a small inconvenience having to go back and forth to each site( I presonally spent 60% in truck and 40% elswhere) but the fact that this isnt a LS1 truck site anymore it is a performance truck site-all brands. I wouldnt of really cared that much if this was just a LS1 truck site but it isnt it is now truck ***** site. Tell me this why didnt they just make this a LS1 truck site instead of a any truck site? $$$$$$$$ and I dont blame them but why lie about it?

Quick Reply: Welcome to Performance Trucks.net