THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

well, i wrecked it

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default well, i wrecked it (PICS ADDED)

i was going to trade my R6 for an 88 iroc with a cammed ls1 and t56 tonight when an old lady pulled out in front of me. i locked up the brakes and tried to turn but she hit the brakes too and i clipped her bumper doing about 70mph, probably a little faster than that. i flew off of the bike and bounced and flipped about 100 feet down the service road, the bike went end over end through the grass and hit another car. i got a trip to the ER, just got home. no broken bones, just some bruises and cuts but im pretty sore and can hardly move my left arm and left ankle. bike is totaled and i took the insurance off of it for the winter so im out the bike, i'll probsbly have to pay out of pocket for the other cars and get a speeding ticket or something but at least im alive. the gf has a couple pics of the bike and some battle wound pics of she took as soon as i laid down, ill get them posted asap.

Last edited by 454navyss; 01-05-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your able to type this, Something similar happened to me on my bike except I was going about half your speed when a lady pulled out in front of me.
I was sore for a couple days, like you I had no broken bones I was just sore as hell and had some pretty rough road rash on my legs and side.

Good luck with everything man!
Derek
Old 01-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch.
Glad you're okay.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

no chit, lucky you made it through with minor injuries, you'll be hurtin' even more tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Man that sucks.. I wrecked this summer had someone pull right out infront of me. Just be glad your here to type this still.. I jumped off running about 50 and I was sore as hell for like a week.. Just remember the 2nd day after a wreck is the worst.... Glad to hear your alright and if you get on another one always assume they are gunna pull out and everyone is trying to kill you
Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks guys, im hurting pretty bad right now so im not looking forward to tomorrow but at least i will see tomorrow. all of the bystanders, paramedics and ER personnel could not believe i didnt have any major injuries. the left side of my chest is hurting right now but if it still hurts tomorrow afternoon im going to go back to the hospital to get checked out
Old 01-03-2010, 02:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bumpers
Man that sucks.. I wrecked this summer had someone pull right out infront of me. Just be glad your here to type this still.. I jumped off running about 50 and I was sore as hell for like a week.. Just remember the 2nd day after a wreck is the worst.... Glad to hear your alright and if you get on another one always assume they are gunna pull out and everyone is trying to kill you
i wont be getting another one, i didnt want that one thats why i was going to trade it. i just didnt want it to go that way
Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 AM
12 Second Truck Club

damn you shouldn't have took the insurance off.... people have no respect for bikes at all, i'm glad you didnt get that hurt.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn sorry to hear it was a nice bike by the pics ive seen. glad your allright couldve been alot worst. i lowsided mine the day before thanksgiving laid over in a curve @ 80 foort peg dragging and hit a slick spot and straight into the ditch as i hit a tree with my ribs and bike kept going 1300 dollars too fix dont have insurance and wont get none on it. but glad your ok.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

Smile

Originally Posted by 454navyss
i wont be getting another one, i didnt want that one thats why i was going to trade it. i just didnt want it to go that way
dam that gots to hurt.I can feel your pain i hit a dog that ran in front of my yamaha and dam that hurt.My toe got swolen as big as a baseball.The good thing was im alive to bad that dog wasnt that lucky.iwas feeling sore fore a hole week and i still had to go to school that sucked.My bruces were as dark as a blueberry.I was in the atv in the last gear i thought that was it for me.

Quick Reply: well, i wrecked it