THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

What cell phone cases you guys using for your iphones??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Otterbox is a beast, dropped mine on a biclycle ride going about 20mph, ran the phone over with the back tire when it dropped and didnt even scratch it
Old 10-31-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I just got a real phone that can handle being dropped and not shatter into a million pieces. Until Apple stops making those things out of glass I won't buy one. Makes no damn sense why they do that.

Otter box makes a few different styles that aren't so bulky.
They are tougher then you think, I've had mine for almost 3 years since the 3GS came out and never broke the screen. All I have is a cheep plastic cover on the back I bought a pack of 3 of from ebay for like $6 just so it would be think enough my fat fingers could hold on to it! I did how ever scratch it finally a couple months ago (looks like there is a hair laying on the screen), then the back light on the LCD burnt out. Never had a screen protector or nothing on it and I carry it all the time in the side pocket of my "carpenter" pants. I wanted to make it live till the 4s came out so for $35, I bought a new digitizer (front glass),LCD, and new battery from ebay. Even came with tools to install them and a link to a vid on how to do it. Surprisingly easy and now she's good as new.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I refuse to put a case on any of my phones. It ruins the design of the phones IMO and makes them bulkier and heavier. I just do my best not to drop it or anything.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people have to have a case, I worked on a ship, with metal everywhere. **** banging it on something, and I carried it in the event that I needed to reach someone while working in a space that didn't have a phone, but had service. It came in handy many times.

Or on the deer lease, I keep it in the case to keep dirt and **** out of it.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
I refuse to put a case on any of my phones. It ruins the design of the phones IMO and makes them bulkier and heavier. I just do my best not to drop it or anything.
I agree with this, I never used a case for a long time on many phones. But due to work, I needed it as i always kept it on me, often was up high, or around equipment and heavy tools.. I do not have to have now due to my current line of work, but still want to get one. Just not one that makes it feel like I a toting a brick in my pocket.. Hopefully the one I bought is decent and not a POS
Old 10-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
They are tougher then you think, I've had mine for almost 3 years since the 3GS came out and never broke the screen. All I have is a cheep plastic cover on the back I bought a pack of 3 of from ebay for like $6 just so it would be think enough my fat fingers could hold on to it! I did how ever scratch it finally a couple months ago (looks like there is a hair laying on the screen), then the back light on the LCD burnt out. Never had a screen protector or nothing on it and I carry it all the time in the side pocket of my "carpenter" pants. I wanted to make it live till the 4s came out so for $35, I bought a new digitizer (front glass),LCD, and new battery from ebay. Even came with tools to install them and a link to a vid on how to do it. Surprisingly easy and now she's good as new.
The 4 and 4S have a glass back so they're even more fragile.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has a waterproof case on his 4, and has turned the camera on, and submerged it to test it. Im not sure of the brand, but thats pretty cool IMO
Old 10-31-2011, 03:12 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use an Otterbox also. I drop phones alot....
Old 10-31-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out life proof
Old 10-31-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Casecrown on my 3GS. It's mainly for the texture and adds a tad of thickness to give it a better feel in the hand.

I do not like the vast majority of cases, it turns the phone into a lunch box.

Quick Reply: What cell phone cases you guys using for your iphones??