THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is what you do.
the next time the gardener works on the neighbors yard, go out and shove
that weed eater up his ***.
hook the handel on the ball hitch and drag him around till you yank it out.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by PappyDan
here is what you do.
the next time the gardener works on the neighbors yard, go out and shove
that weed eater up his ***.
hook the handel on the ball hitch and drag him around till you yank it out.
PAPPYSTYLE
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, I'll talk to Eric tomorrow and ask him what he thinks is the best approach with the neighbor and hopefully he'll be receptive and in my court with it. We'll see and I'll let you know how that goes. Pisses me off I've had the truck about 4 years and not a scratch. There's a big chip on the front of my hood from my commute too
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
yeah, I'll talk to Eric tomorrow and ask him what he thinks is the best approach with the neighbor and hopefully he'll be receptive and in my court with it. We'll see and I'll let you know how that goes. Pisses me off I've had the truck about 4 years and not a scratch. There's a big chip on the front of my hood from my commute too
Where was the truck parked in relation to the yard? Were you in a driveway where you are staying, or parked infront of the neighbors house?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 AM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by trever1t
Pisses me off I've had the truck about 4 years and not a scratch. There's a big chip on the front of my hood from my commute too
makes me sick just thinkin about it.....
Old 05-22-2009, 12:15 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by stock48
Where was the truck parked in relation to the yard? Were you in a driveway where you are staying, or parked infront of the neighbors house?
Parked in a parking spot, in front of their (neighbors) house, across the road from the house i live in. The street has little parking areas, I was in one.

Originally Posted by heavy chevy boy
makes me sick just thinkin about it.....
you and me both
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would go talk to the neighbor in person to see if he will make it right...
Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with Joshua on this one.
Address the matter with Eric and tell him your gonna speak with the neighbor tomorrow and broach the subject just to make it known that the accident/damages happened. Don't ask for or demand to be taken care of, leave it for them to decide, but in the event it happens again you will have firm ground to stand on.
Your in a good/happier situation right now with your living arrangement and that's obviously more important.
Sorry to hear about your hood, if I still had mine I would of traded yours for mine (mine was flawless).
J
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

OK so here's what happened. I talked to Eric about it and he recommended that I just talk to the neighbor (from here on out referred to as Jim) but doubted any good would come from it. Me, being one to not run from problems but rather confront them put on my sneakers and walked up towards the 10 (guessing at least) bedroom mansion on the hill....

...Jim is outside pruning his grapes, as I walk up he stands and I introduce myself as he eyes me sideways...and says "I threw rocks up all over your truck huh?"

I didn't even have to ask, he said "just get me an estimate and I'll submit it to my insurance company".

We then went on talking about performance cars and it turns out he has a Porsche with Rotary conversion he built, rides motorcycles and thinks California is full of money grabbing politicians as much as I do. So now I take my truck to my painter, I just hope it will cost less than I'm thinking to fix everything because the guy was pretty sorry and took full responsibility for the damages.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:35 PM
12 Second Truck Club

wow thats crazy!! and he said something about it before you even did? well im glad you went over to talk to him. gl