THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

This is what the mustang guys think about drag racing trucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brobradh77
I want that programmer that F-250 used to give him 700 ft-lbs of torque in post #5 ..lol
A diesel will easly put out 700lbs with a tune.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they gave up huh?

and yeah diesels feel like they pull hard but in the end its a 400 horse motor pulled 7,000 pounds down the track. not hating on them, just MOST diesel owners think there faster then they are.. even though my buddys 06 cummins on 38's drags my ss from any mph roll lol
Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OP in that thread is just an elitist assclown who probably had to take his fist out of his a$$ just to type that. I know at our local track there is an 03 Silverado (not LSX powered) but still street legal and street driven on a regular basis that has ran right next to a KB Cobra more than a few times. I walk Mustang GT's on a regular basis but what do I know? My truck is loud low and slow. Somebody go bait that douche into a money race with Flaco lol. Then go back for part deux "Went to the track, sat in long lines, and got assraped by a truck."
Old 10-24-2009, 07:54 AM
12 Second Truck Club

In the guys defense he did get cool about it. I think we need to cut him some slack.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dock Rocker
In the guys defense he did get cool about it. I think we need to cut him some slack.
There is alot of bashing from our side. He seems like a decent guy and has calmed down about all the trucks.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trever1t
It's not wortth my time to post up on a pony car site but obviously that guy just likes to bitch. I'd love to line up with him
that comment you left about 0-60 in 2.7 was awesome lol, it pretty much bitch slapped them all
Old 10-24-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

It just aggravates me that people with cars such as his tend to be so elitist. I owned a 2002 WS6 Trans Am for a while but that didnt make me better than a guy in a truck or a guy in a Civic. Our local track held the street legal state championships last weekend. I watched numerous 4 sec 1/8th mile cars sit behind plenty of cars that were much much slower than them. In the pits though youd never know who drove what. The guy who holds the track record was giving driving tips to a guy in a bone stock Z28 six speed car. The guy in the Z28 had never and I mean never raced before so he had some slow times compared to what the car could do. But in the end its all about people gathering to enjoy a sport and learn what they can about their car and how to get the best times possible. Not who drives what. If I have to sit in line behind a guy that runs a 15 sec 1000ft then I will and I wont bitch. Why? Because at the end of the day were both people out trying to have fun. It doesnt matter who it is or what they drive, if people come up to me at the track and want to talk I will. Whether its driving tips, questions about my truck etc etc it doesnt matter. As long as they are halfway intelligent and not trying to start **** im happy to talk to them. That guy may have changed his attitude towards the end but what he said in the first post is whats really on his mind. He thinks hes above certain people. Ive seen people make ridiculously slow passes numerous times at the track, but its not my place to tell them to stop or leave. They paid their money just like I did and if they want to make a hundred slow passes that night, then more power to them.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill you crack me up! thanks for posting that vid!!

Hey jarrett I had to join up just to comment on your truck because you were being coy!!
Old 10-24-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stock48
A diesel will easly put out 700lbs with a tune.
I am not a ford guy so I did not know the F-250 is a diesel and I am still hard pressed that one can put those numbers down with just a hand held but maybe i guess.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by brobradh77
I am not a ford guy so I did not know the F-250 is a diesel and I am still hard pressed that one can put those numbers down with just a hand held but maybe i guess.
Very do-able depending on the tuner used and what setting. Diesels can put up some rediculous numbers. We saw a 4x4 Crew Cab Dually F-250 diesel smoke a turbo supra at HMP (1/8 th mile) one night. It wasn't even close.

Quick Reply: This is what the mustang guys think about drag racing trucks