THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

What is a street truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

full interior
tires no wider than 9 inches(rim width)no slicks, drag radials
FULL interior
FULL exterior(inside bed too)
cant run higher than 93 octane, (poweradders are acepted, SC, T, No2)
must have plates with inspection sticker or up-todate insurance card(proof that u do drive it)
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it wasnt a street truck if it had a roll cage
Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what does having any of these things have to do with it being a street truck.

i know guys with a nice set of wheels that wont drive their truck but on the nicest of days. my truck had a roll bar, multiple power adders and ran race gas from time to time and i drove it all the time including in the snow. i took it on more than one very long road trip

i like hotrods rules. for them it is a street vehicle if you can drive it on the street. they also require the basic stuff like lights.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Baltimore Whore

IMO a street truck is a truck that you drive DAILY, not something that is a weekend warrior.. Something that you drive everyday, that you have faith in driving, wether it get 20mpg or 8, nitrous, blower, turbo, doesn't matter, but a street truck to me is something that your *** is in more then just the weekends.. When you have somebody that wants to race you, your in your other vehicle, say wait I have to get my other ride, thats not a street truck/car..PERIOD
Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
single digit dreamer

the diferent views are interesting. just last weekend i was out with some friends. a dozen or so of us, it was something like 60deg in the middle of feb so we had to go out. nearly every one of those 12 cars had been stored up till that one super nice day. none of them have ever ran quicker than a 12.6. they all had dot tires and ran pump gas. some fi, some nitrous, some just bolt ons. acording to johns view none of them are street cars since they dont get used for the daily comute.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by parish8
the diferent views are interesting. just last weekend i was out with some friends. a dozen or so of us, it was something like 60deg in the middle of feb so we had to go out. nearly every one of those 12 cars had been stored up till that one super nice day. none of them have ever ran quicker than a 12.6. they all had dot tires and ran pump gas. some fi, some nitrous, some just bolt ons. acording to johns view none of them are street cars since they dont get used for the daily comute.
Yesir, I mean there are a ton of diff views for this like you said, but street, for me means a daily.. I agree, there are a ton, ton of vehicles that can be driving every single, day, but alot of people choose not to. That is up to them. Maybe I view it this way due to the fact this is my only ride.. If I had another ride, I might change my outlook on it to a point. More less, if it is too RADICAL to the point where a person couldn't drive it day to day, then it is a no go for me.. There thats a lil better
Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
IMO a street truck is a truck that you drive DAILY, not something that is a weekend warrior.. Something that you drive everyday, that you have faith in driving, wether it get 20mpg or 8, nitrous, blower, turbo, doesn't matter, but a street truck to me is something that your *** is in more then just the weekends.. When you have somebody that wants to race you, your in your other vehicle, say wait I have to get my other ride, thats not a street truck/car..PERIOD
so my truck doesnt count as a street truck? i drove it daily for 4 years before i got a civic and retired it as a weekend warrior. its registered, titled, insured but i dont drive it every day because gas was killing me.

it will also be driven on the street with nitrous. that doesnt make it a non-street truck. ill jump in the bitch and go across the country if i want to and unload a bottle on the way if i want. you guys are stretching this way too far.

FLACO HAS A STREET TRUCK IMO. he drives it to the track over 20 miles and drives it home. put that thing on MT et streets (so you can call them street legal tires) and he is ready to rip most trucks a new one.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

A street truck needs a working ac, stereo, and cupholder lol....and a legitimate inspection sticker
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
A street truck needs a working ac, stereo, and cupholder lol....and a legitimate inspection sticker
so my tint would screw me
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I would consider a weekend warrior a street truck.. i have 3 other cars/trucks to drive during the week. i rarely take my out during week because i get in late, but ill drive it around on the weekend..i say legal to be on the road with full interior, Drag radial, capable of driving 50 plus miles..since me and my wife never drive the cavalier anymore i guess it aint a street car anymore..

Quick Reply: What is a street truck?