THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

What is a street truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a hard debate on slicks. alot of guys have fast trucks they don't fully open up one the streets cause of traction but they drive them every day
For some people some kinda DR tire would be needed to successfully launch
Old 02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow well cut my ballz off ladies.. Hahahaha, thats what I think....
Old 02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Wow well cut my ballz off ladies.. Hahahaha, thats what I think....
Dude, WTF?...Mangled @ it again. Hey you have a job, what are you doing posting?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaegmc99
Dude, WTF?...Mangled @ it again. Hey you have a job, what are you doing posting?
No job, independently wealthy
Old 02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
No job, independently wealthy
bastard! I am crossin my fingers for one, I can't get my nitrous fix on federal money lol
Old 02-14-2009, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
If you can take a road trip in it and fill up at any station, its a street truck IMO.
Originally Posted by KySilverado
Street legal tires, licensed, insured. Driven to the track. Exhaust with muffler. All caravan on a 20 mile track through stop and go traffic and return to the track. Cannot open the hood, cannot have a laptop etc to tune it between rounds. Similar to the rules for the street class at the LSx shootout.
+1. Race gas isn't "street".

lol, this reminds me of some of the local meets we have. One thing leads to another and people are trailering in cars to race...sometimes we'll be leaving and you'll see a truck & enclosed trailer parked behind a gas station 2 minutes from the meet...they claim it's a street car since they "drove it there"
Old 02-14-2009, 06:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snacktime
Weight reduction defined as not missing any panels. Who street races with a spare tire?
i do, hell i race at the track with a spare under the truck
Old 02-14-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LMSeven
+1. Race gas isn't "street".

lol, this reminds me of some of the local meets we have. One thing leads to another and people are trailering in cars to race...sometimes we'll be leaving and you'll see a truck & enclosed trailer parked behind a gas station 2 minutes from the meet...they claim it's a street car since they "drove it there"
As far as a trailer goes.... I would haul my truck to the track if I could. I guess for a true street event I would haul my tow rig to the track with my "race" truck.

**** happens and things break. I've made some long treks to race and always sweat the distance.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I hate my cats

I'd say street LEGAL is good. Tuning and nitrous should be fine, unless nitrous is wildly illegal in your state like it is in Ontario. Street legal tires and proof of insurance. No trailers. Pass tech, let em rip.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

In order for everyone to be "happy" in race classes, it seems as though there needs to be a rule to define every part and aspect of the vehicle. If the engine is XXXci then it needs to weigh at a XXXXlb minimum.

Any time you stick street in the title of a race class, rules need to be a little less strict since really anything goes on the street. It basically comes down to what the individual can put up with on the street. No PS, no PB, no AC, 'cage etc. It's all in what you can put up with. If you can live with a 708ci nitrous fed Rat in an S-10 with a funny car cage, and get it registered. Then well....

Also if a street truck is capable of running quicker than 11.49 than it needs a 'cage. You can't expect the track to allow them to run if they don't. They can't and shouldn't be responsible for other's ideals of what safe is.

I kind of like HRM's drag weeks rules. That should be a good start:

* Current license, registration, and proof of insurance are required. No dealer plates allowed.

* Vehicles in competition must have functional headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, horns, electric or vacuum-operated windshield wipers (vintage roadsters excepted),and a rearview mirror. Headlights must be of OE-type design.

* All vehicles must meet NHRA safety rules for the e.t. and speed they are capable of, and drivers must be IHRA or NHRA licensed if required. Drag Week(TM) officials will not accept timeslips that are quicker or faster than the car's teched legal e.t. and mph. Running quicker than the safety equipment allows is cause for disqualification at the discretion of the race director.

* Vehicles with slight rule variations may beclassified at the race director's discretion.

* Any type of fuel may be used. Race gas may be purchased at the dragstrips, though HOT ROD is not responsible for availability.

NO TRAILERS, NO SUPPORT VEHICLES

* Vehicles in competition may not be led or followed at any distance by support vehicles of any kind. A support vehicle is one used to supply, or with the intent of supplying, any rescue efforts orto carry anything for a competitor including luggage, tools, fuel, repair parts or spares, and helpers or crew. Support vehicles towing "just in case" trailers are not allowed.

Oh yeah, make sure you define what a truck IS. No El Caminos or Rancheros since they don't have a separate cab and are car based platforms.

Quick Reply: What is a street truck?